"East Lansing and Michigan State University" Top 5 Page for this destination East Lansing by Ewingjr98
East Lansing Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 61 photos
On our great cross country journey of 2008 we drove from Monterey, CA to Washington, DC, and we spent our final night of the trip in East Lansing, Michigan. While I wanted to see the Ohio State - Michigan State football game the next day, tickets were very expensive, and we'd have to give up a whole day of traveling, so we opted for the UMass-Lowell vs Michigan State hockey game instead. Nothing like seeing the defending national champs play!
We stayed at the Quality Inn about a mile or two from campus, and we took taxis both ways. Before the game we wandered around campus a little, looking at the landmarks, the sports facilities, and some nature, before watching State beat UMass-Lowell 2-1 in a great game, with all three goals scored in front of us and in a quick, five-minute burst.
The next day we got up and were on the road out of the state of Michigan in an hour or so.
The MSU men's ice hockey team started in 1924, and in 1950 it became a varsity sport. Since then the school has won... more travel advice
Quality Inn University is an older hotel, but it is well maintained, clean, and a good value for the money and location.... more travel advice
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
East Lansing Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "At Home on the Red Cedar"
- "Go Green! Go White!"
- "Go Green!!"
- "Go Green, Go White, Go MSU!"
- "East Lansing and Michigan State University"
- "My college home for 4 years"
- "My precious Alma Mater"
- See All...
- Things to Do in East Lansing
- Hotels in East Lansing
- Transportation in East Lansing
- Nightlife in East Lansing
- Restaurants in East Lansing
- Shopping in East Lansing
- Warnings and Dangers in East Lansing
- See All...
Badges & Stats in East Lansing
- 4 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (100)
Have you been to East Lansing?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in East Lansing
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 311 reviews, 1710 photos, 37 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 341 reviews, 1636 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 264 reviews, 1291 photos, 30 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1243 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 473 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues