"Playing Qatari Atari" Top 5 Page for this destination Qatar by Ewingjr98
Qatar Travel Guide: 783 reviews and 2,300 photos
Qatar (pronounced like "cutter" not "KUH-taar") is officially an emirate, but separate from the United Arab Emirates. Almost completely surrounded by the Persian Gulf, this oil and gas producing country does share a small border with Saudi Arabia. Qatar had British protectorate status from 1916 until 1971; since then it has been a traditional monarchy. Qatar began producing oil in 1949, and now the nation has one of the largest known oil reserves in the world and one of the highest per capita GDPs. Arab Qatari people form just a quarter of the local residents, with the remainder of the population being immigrants and foreign workers.
Doha is the capital and largest city of Qatar.
- Pros:Qatar is a cool-sounding word
- Cons:Some people pronounce it gutter
Qatar is a peninsula, connected at the south to Saudi Arabia and featuring 350 miles of coastline that mark its eastern,... more travel advice
In Doha Airport, there are numerous pay phones around the upper departures level, but good luck finding a phone card. I... more travel advice
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Qatar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DOHA - Is it Boring to be there ?"
- "Qatar - There IS more than just Doha!"
- "Land Cruisers and Gold"
- "Playing Qatari Atari"
- "My First Middle East Assignment"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Qatar
- Hotels in Qatar
- Transportation in Qatar
- Nightlife in Qatar
- Restaurants in Qatar
- Shopping in Qatar
- Warnings and Dangers in Qatar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Qatar
- 14 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Qatar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Qatar
Photos in QatarSee All Photos (72)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 262 reviews, 1403 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1243 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 227 reviews, 1060 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 214 reviews, 848 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 469 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues