"Saint Augustine - America's oldest city" Saint Augustine by Ewingjr98
Saint Augustine Travel Guide: 712 reviews and 1,938 photos
We spent a night in Saint Augustine during our 2009 trip from Pennsylvania to Tampa. We arrived in the evening and checked into our hotel, the Holiday Inn. We went across the street to Mardi Gras biker/sports bar and enjoyed a few beers before grabbing a great dinner at Raintree Restaurant. After dinner we stopped by Mardi Gras again for a nightcap, then go some sleep.
The next day we explored old town, spending most of our time at the Castillo de San Marcos. We also had breakfast in the historic district before heading out of town on the beach front road to Daytona.
Laura and I returned to St. Augustine in July 2010. We stayed at a great little B&B in the middle of Old town called 44 Spanish Street. Before checking in, we stopped by the old lighthouse and the Castillo. After checking in, we explored many of the area's bars and restaurants including A1A Brewery, Meehan's Irish Pub, Harry's Seafood, and the Tasting room. The next day, we drove north to explore the tiny port town called Mayport, before returning to Tampa via Orlando.
Walk into Fat Jack's and you will know you are in Tim Tebow country. First you will see an upright alligator with a menu... more travel advice
Spanish introduced tabby construction material to coastal Georgia and Florida. It is composed of sand, lime, oyster... more travel advice
Written Oct 7, 2010
More Saint Augustine Photos
Written Oct 7, 2010
A day in St Augustine
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Saint Augustine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saint Augustine"
- "St Augustine"
- "Oldest US City"
- "saint augustine"
- "My Favorite thing about Florida.. St. Augustine!"
- "St. Augustine - The First Coast"
- "History Far Back in Time"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Augustine
- Hotels in Saint Augustine
- Transportation in Saint Augustine
- Nightlife in Saint Augustine
- Restaurants in Saint Augustine
- Shopping in Saint Augustine
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Augustine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Augustine
- 32 Reviews
- 155 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Saint Augustine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Augustine
- Posted in Travel Pittsburgh Forum "Re: traveling to different city"
- Wrote a Review Fat Jack's Smokestack Barbecue - Baldwin, FL in Saint Augustine Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fat Jack's Smokestack Barbecue - Baldwin, FL"
- created a Saint Augustine Travelogue "A day in St Augustine"
- Commented on one of shohman's Saint Augustine travel pages
Photos in Saint AugustineSee All Photos (155)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 256 reviews, 1355 photos, 24 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1243 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 220 reviews, 1019 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 214 reviews, 848 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 469 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues