"Saint Augustine - America's oldest city" Saint Augustine by Ewingjr98

Saint Augustine Travel Guide: 721 reviews and 1,970 photos

We spent a night in Saint Augustine during our 2009 trip from Pennsylvania to Tampa. We arrived in the evening and checked into our hotel, the Holiday Inn. We went across the street to Mardi Gras biker/sports bar and enjoyed a few beers before grabbing a great dinner at Raintree Restaurant. After dinner we stopped by Mardi Gras again for a nightcap, then go some sleep.

The next day we explored old town, spending most of our time at the Castillo de San Marcos. We also had breakfast in the historic district before heading out of town on the beach front road to Daytona.

Laura and I returned to St. Augustine in July 2010. We stayed at a great little B&B in the middle of Old town called 44 Spanish Street. Before checking in, we stopped by the old lighthouse and the Castillo. After checking in, we explored many of the area's bars and restaurants including A1A Brewery, Meehan's Irish Pub, Harry's Seafood, and the Tasting room. The next day, we drove north to explore the tiny port town called Mayport, before returning to Tampa via Orlando.

• Last visit to Saint Augustine: Dec 2008
  • Intro Updated Jul 3, 2010

• donya.amini's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2010 at 1:02 AM

I can't read but your pics are very nice. thank you.

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Wish I could remember more about my visit as a kid in the 1980s. I do remember the old fortress though, and a few other things.

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Excellent page on this historic town. I made a brief visit to St. Augustine back in 2003. Thanks for the tips and binging back some memories...

Ewingjr98

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Badges & Stats in Saint Augustine

Have you been to Saint Augustine?

Photos in Saint Augustine