Safety Harbor Restaurant Tips by Ewingjr98
Safety Harbor Restaurants: 4 reviews and 8 photos
Brady's at Taste of Pinellas
Brady's Backyard BBQ, located on Main Street in Safety Harbor, is one of numerous small, local restaurants in this quiet, compact town. Brady's offers most of your standard barbecue dishes such as smoked chicken, slow-cooked ribs, smoked sausage, brisket, and pulled pork. Their sides include cole slaw, green beans, black eyed peas, collard greens, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, garlic red potatoes, applesauce and corn bread pudding.
In 2011, Brady's BBQ had a booth at the annual "Taste of Pinellas" music and food festival, held at Vinoy Park, along the water in St. Pete. We tried their great pulled pork slider, which was served on a bun with your choice of spicy or sweet barbecue sauce. Great juicy meat and tasty sauce, and for just $3 it was well worth the money!
Address: 340 Main Street Safety Harbor, Florida 34695
Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: (727) 712-3727
Price: less than US$10
Green Springs is one of the best little locally owned restaurants I have discovered in the Tampa Bay Area. This cool location (as the name suggests) is in an old Tampa bungalow which has been beautifully remodeled into a restaurant with six or so uniquely decorated rooms. Maybe my favorite decorative touch was the SCUBA breathing apparatus that was attached to the urinal in the men's room.
Our meals started with a small, but complimentary, cup of the soup of the day, which was potato. We also had simple side salads included with our entrees.
I decided on their appetizer called Saganaki ($7). This piping hot baked Greek Kefalograviera cheese was fried in olive oil and served in a sizzling iron skillet with soft bread. When the waiter brought it out to the table, he exclaimed "Ooopah!" as he squeezed the lemon on the cheese to make the whole dish sizzle.
Laura ordered their blue crab-stuffed portobello mushroom ($10). This dish came with two flattened portobello mushroom caps overflowing with great blue crab meat.
My entree was their "pesto-seared jumbo shrimp and scallop risotto" for $19. The name is a mouthful and so was the meal! The mound of creamy pesto risotto was topped with six or eight small Key West pink scallops and sea scallops, all seared to perfection, along with about four grilled shrimp, maybe slightly overcooked.
Laura's entree was the roasted duck breast served with blackberry sauce ($20). The five or six slices of tender roast duck were served with a blackberry-orange sauce, buttermilk smashed red potatoes, and some grilled vegetables including some great carrots. This was a very tasty dish.
Where we sat in the restaurant, we had a front row seat to their live entertainment, which is offered daily during lunch and Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. We really enjoyed Michael Rusch and his guitar.
Green Springs began in 2000 in a small house dating back to 1920 located on Third Street. By 2004 the restaurant had outgrown its original location, so the owners moved one street over to the 1930s-era house on Fourth Street.
Address: 156 4th Ave N Safety Harbor, FL 34695
Comparison: more expensive than average
More Reviews (4)
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Safety Harbor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Safety Harbor - Home of the Mineral Springs"
- "Mayberry RFD of Florida"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Safety Harbor
- Nightlife in Safety Harbor
- Restaurants in Safety Harbor
- See All...
Explore the World
- Al Mintaqah ash Sharqiyah Hotels
- Somerset Hotels
- Morgantown Hotels
- Saint Pierre Islet Hotels
- Tierra del Fuego
Badges & Stats in Safety Harbor
- 6 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Safety Harbor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Safety Harbor
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1242 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 211 reviews, 822 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 138 reviews, 685 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 469 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 80 reviews, 334 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Safety Harbor hotel reviews
- Safety Harbor Resort And Spa
- 394 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013