"Trinidad Neighborhood - Home of National Arboretum" Trinidad by Ewingjr98
Trinidad Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 40 photos
The US National Arboretum was established in 1927 and consists of some 446 acres of trees and meadows located just 2 miles from the Capitol Building in Northeast Washington. While the focus of an arboretum is trees, I think the most impressive aspect of this park-like area is the National Capitol Columns which graced the East Portico of the United States Capitol from 1828 until 1958. Other famous features of the arboretum include a beautiful azalea garden, National Bonsai and Penjing Museum, the Friendship Garden and Arbor House, and the National Grove of State Trees, containing specimens from nearly all 50 states. The Arboretum is administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
The park has some 10 miles of roads and numerous parking areas near many of the main attractions. You can drive throughout the park, take a tourist tram, or best of all--walk!
The only bad thing about the park is its location in Northeast next to the notoriously rough Trinidad Neighborhood. Maybe that's why the park closes at 5pm... to get tourist home before dark. The arboretum has entrances on New York Avenue and R Street.
Entrance is free.
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Trinidad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trinidad Neighborhood - Home of National Arboretum"
- Create a Trinidad Travel Page
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Trinidad
- 3 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Trinidad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trinidad
Photos in TrinidadSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1242 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 214 reviews, 848 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 141 reviews, 714 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 469 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 87 reviews, 361 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues