"North on Hwy 1, across Hwy 156, then up 101..." Top 5 Page for this destination San Jose by Ewingjr98
San Jose Travel Guide: 382 reviews and 671 photos
Hey, that's how I get to San Jose from Monterey. Do YOU know the way to San Jose?
To those of us from the East, San Jose is a town we would rarely hear about if it weren't for the San Jose Sharks NHL team. I think when the expansion team was placed here in 1991, I had no clue where the city was and even had trouble finding it on a map. 15 years later when I moved to Monterey, I still didn't really know where San Jose was or what was there. I actually thought it was just a large suburb of San Francisco. Little did I know...
San Jose was founded in 1777 as El Pueblo de San José de Guadalupe, the first Spanish farming community in California created to support the nearby presidios of San Francisco and Monterey. San Jose was also the first capital of California in 1850.
With a population of almost one million people, San Jose is California's third largest city and the largest in the Bay Area. This figure also places it 10th largest in population of US cities. Furthermore it is the heart of America's technology industry with 6,600 high tech businesses employing 254,000 people in San Jose alone.
The downtown area boasts the San Jose Sharks, a modern convention center, plenty of shopping and dining, a few parks, and an abundance of parking. Just a mile or two from downtown is beautiful Santa Clara boasting a nice university, a Spanish mission, and a nice downtown area.
In summer 2008 we saw country artists Jason Aldean and Emerson Drive at San Jose Municipal Stadium. Tickets were $15 for... more travel advice
San Jose Municipal Stadium is the home of the Single-A San Jose Giants baseball team. It was built in 1942 of reinforced... more travel advice
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
San Jose Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Jose - Silicon Valley"
- "The 411 on San Jose"
- "North on Hwy 1, across Hwy 156, then up 101..."
- "California's Original Capital City: San Jose!"
- "Born, raised...yeah I know the way"
- "Heart of Silicon Valley... San Jose"
- "~San Jose~"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Jose
- Hotels in San Jose
- Transportation in San Jose
- Nightlife in San Jose
- Restaurants in San Jose
- Shopping in San Jose
- Warnings and Dangers in San Jose
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Jose
- 35 Reviews
- 170 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
Have you been to San Jose?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Jose
- updated a San Jose Travel Page "North on Hwy 1, across Hwy 156, then up 101..."
- Posted in Travel Seoul Forum "Re: About Area in Yongsan-gu ,..."
- Commented on one of trvlrtom's San Jose travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Emerson Drive & Jason Aldean at Municipal Stadium"
- Wrote a Review Summer Concerts in San Jose Municipal Stadium about Seasonal Events in San Jose Favorites
Photos in San JoseSee All Photos (170)
Top 10 Pages
- Japan Intro, 408 reviews, 1927 photos, 15 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 328 reviews, 1788 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 264 reviews, 1285 photos, 30 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1243 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 472 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues