"Pebble Beach: Nice views and expensive meals" Top 5 Page for this destination Pebble Beach by Ewingjr98
Pebble Beach Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 390 photos
Believe it or not, Pebble Beach is more than just the tourist-thronged 17-Mile Drive and numerous golf courses. This is a living, breathing community with its own schools, stores, restaurants, post office, fire department, law enforcement, garbage collection, and on and on.
The community of Pebble Beach is actually an unincorporated area run by a corporation rather than by an elected government but it falls under a census designated place called Del Monte Forest. Del Monte Forest has an average house value of about $800,000, while the residents are 90% white, with average incomes of about $100,000 per year.
Pebble Beach traces its history back to 1919 when Samuel FB Morse established the Pebble Beach Golf Links and the Del Monte Hotel (now the Naval Postgraduate School). In the 1970s 20th Century Fox took ownership of Pebble Beach before selling to a Japanese businessman in 1990. In 1999 Clint Eastwood, Arnold Palmer, and Peter Ueberroth led a group of investors who purchased Pebble Beach, intending to further develop the area.
Pebble Beach has a number of great spots to watch the sunset. My favorite has always been the Lodge at Spanish Bay where... more travel advice
The Pebble Beach Corporation owns three courses in the Pebble Beach community--Pebble Beach, Spyglass, and Spanish... more travel advice
- See All The Lone Cypress
- See All Fanshell Beach
- See All Be like a local--build an expensive...
Written Aug 3, 2008
Pebble Beach Scenery
Written Aug 9, 2008
Pebble Beach Sunset from Bird Rock
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Pebble Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Golfer's Paradise or Lonely Cypress?"
- "Pebble Beach is my favorite coastline in the world"
- "Pebble Beach: Nice views and expensive meals"
- "PEBBLE BEACH GOLFERS PARADISE"
- "PEBBLE BEACH - & The 17-Mile Drive!"
- "Views within the 17 Mile Drive at Pebble Beach"
- "cycling through a famous golf course."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pebble Beach
- Hotels in Pebble Beach
- Transportation in Pebble Beach
- Nightlife in Pebble Beach
- Restaurants in Pebble Beach
- Shopping in Pebble Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Pebble Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pebble Beach
- 30 Reviews
- 144 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Pebble Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pebble Beach
Photos in Pebble BeachSee All Photos (144)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 262 reviews, 1403 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1243 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 230 reviews, 1075 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 214 reviews, 848 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 469 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues