"America's Most Romantic Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Pacific Grove by Ewingjr98
Pacific Grove Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 379 photos
Pacific Grove is a nice, quiet town at the end of the Monterey Peninsula between the rich Pebble Beach country club estates and the touristy Monterey area. They have a public golf course along the water, a State Park on the beach, the oldest continually operated lighthouse on the west coast, a great scenic drive along Ocean View Blvd, and some scenic little parks along the water such as Lovers Point. PG also has a ton of little hotels near the beach and the butterfly sanctuary, as well as several nice restaurants, like Fishwife. The also have a few small annual events such as Good Old Days, the Feast of Lanterns, and Candy Cane Lane.
Sometimes called "Butterfly Town, USA," Pacific Grove is also the destination for the migration of about 25,000 monarch butterflies each October...the Monarch Sanctuary is on Ridge Road between Lighthouse Ave and Short Street.
Also called the Western US's "most romantic town" in a 2005 edition of Time magazine, Pacific grove is the frequent destination for migrations of another sort... each summer some 225 couples are wed in the town's green spaces at Lovers Point, Jewell, and Berwick Parks.
I recently moved these Pacific Grove tips from my Monterey VT Page. For much, much more to do in the immediate area, please visit my Monterey page, as this great little city really is the hub of the region from various perspectives such as history, economy, transportation, tourism, and more.
Here is a great history of Pacific Grove from its earliest years as a Methodist retreat until today.
International Cuisine, not to be confused with International Deli a mile away in New Monterey, is one of the rare casual... more travel advice
Pacific Grove's newest restaurant (summer 2008) is Pacific Thai. It occupies the spot that was briefly The Cellar Door... more travel advice
- See All Pacific Grove's Smaller Parks
- See All Old Monterey-PG Railway Grade Trail
- See All PG: Hotels with a coastal view around...
- Formerly the Pelican Tavern - Near...
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Pacific Grove Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "America's Most Romantic Town"
- "MONTEREY PENINSULA BEAUTY"
- "PACIFIC GROVE"
- "Pacific Grove"
- "On the Edge of the Pacific"
- "Victorian architecture and Butterflies"
- "Welcome to My Backyard"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pacific Grove
- Hotels in Pacific Grove
- Transportation in Pacific Grove
- Nightlife in Pacific Grove
- Restaurants in Pacific Grove
- Warnings and Dangers in Pacific Grove
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pacific Grove
- 60 Reviews
- 254 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (105)
Have you been to Pacific Grove?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pacific Grove
- Posted in Travel Seoul Forum "Re: About Area in Yongsan-gu ,..."
- Wrote a Review International Cuisine in Pacific Grove Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "International Cuisine"
- updated a Pacific Grove Travelogue "Some of my favorite PG photos"
- Uploaded a Video to Pacific Grove
- Commented on one of SteveOSF's Pacific Grove travel pages
Photos in Pacific GroveSee All Photos (254)
Videos in Pacific GroveSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Japan Intro, 408 reviews, 1927 photos, 15 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 328 reviews, 1788 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 264 reviews, 1285 photos, 30 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1243 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 472 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues