"Eunique Eureka" Top 5 Page for this destination Eureka by Ewingjr98
Eureka Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 213 photos
On the third night of our west coast trip from Monterey to Vancouver and back, we spent the night at Eureka, California. Our drive on this day was from Santa Rosa, CA to Bodega Bay, then up the Coastal Highway via Point Arena to the Humboldt Redwoods.
We spent just one night in Eureka, where I went for a run along the bay, we had dinner and drinks downtown, we enjoyed breakfast the next morning.
After breakfast we left Eureka, droving through Redwoods National Park and Smith River National Wildlife Refuge, then stopped at Crater Lake on the way to Eugene, Oregon.
Eureka seems to me like an old fishing and logging town that has vastly declined and is still trying to find its way back on the map. Some progress has certainly been made, but the downtown area is relatively abandoned, and there isn''t much draw in town for travelers, except a few decent hotels for a quick overnight stop.
Oldtown Eureka is an area that is being revitalized from its industrial logging and fishing days to a modern cultural... more travel advice
Redwoods National Park is famous for its tall trees, but also for its Roosevelt elk, black bears, the endangered marbled... more travel advice
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Eureka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Humboldt Bay, a landlocked shelter"
- "Eunique Eureka"
- "Charming Eureka"
- "Eureka: Among the Redwoods"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eureka
- Hotels in Eureka
- Transportation in Eureka
- Nightlife in Eureka
- Restaurants in Eureka
- Shopping in Eureka
- Warnings and Dangers in Eureka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eureka
- 8 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
Have you been to Eureka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eureka
Top 10 Pages
- Japan Intro, 408 reviews, 1927 photos, 15 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 328 reviews, 1788 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 264 reviews, 1285 photos, 30 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1243 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 472 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues