"Midnight in Montgomery" Montgomery by Ewingjr98
Montgomery Travel Guide: 187 reviews and 340 photos
Montgomery, Alabama, is certainly in the deep south. Hot, muggy, poor and dirty are words many use to describe this state capital. Downtown certainly falls into many of these categories. I was constantly amazed that the majority of the central city shut down around 5pm, even Subway sandwich shop, which is open until 2am in other cities.
But, Montgomery does have its uniqueness that offers a lot of southern charm. If you like barbecue and soul food, you'll be in heaven here. A country music fan? Head on over to Hank Williams' grave site. The capital building is a place full of history as is the "First White House of the Confederacy" -- the home of Jefferson Davis during the early years of the Civil War. Around the edges of the city is a well-established shopping and restaurant area that offers most major chains. This city is also home to Maxwell Air Force Base and the Air Force's Air University.
Want more? Better leave town! The Gulf Coast isn't too far away!
Montgomery is home to Maxwell AFB. This post houses both the Air University and Standard Systems Group. The Air... more travel advice
This house, built in 1835, was home to Jefferson Davis when he was president of the Confederate States of America. The... more travel advice
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Montgomery Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Montgomery: Alabama's Capital City"
- "montgomery alabama"
- "Basaic Montgomery Page"
- "Hospitality and Dark Memories"
- "Midnight in Montgomery"
- "Montgomery, Alabama"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montgomery
- Hotels in Montgomery
- Transportation in Montgomery
- Nightlife in Montgomery
- Restaurants in Montgomery
- Shopping in Montgomery
- Warnings and Dangers in Montgomery
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montgomery
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (105)
Have you been to Montgomery?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montgomery
Top 10 Pages
- Japan Intro, 408 reviews, 1927 photos, 15 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 328 reviews, 1788 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 264 reviews, 1285 photos, 30 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1243 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 472 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues