"Make a run for the border" Komarom by Ewingjr98
Komarom Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 18 photos
We arrived in Komarom from Budapest around 1200 on 30 January 2006. The train station is right along the river, so it was easy to see the only bridge around which had to be the border crossing. It was about a half mile away through the town, so we enjoyed our walk looking at the peaceful town of Komarom. The town has some old churches, newer casinos, and a brand new American-style grocery store along the river. After only about 30 minutes in town, we crossed the border to Komarno, Slovakia, to continue our journey to Bratislava.
If you are looking for something to do or help with your travels, there is a tourist information booth just down the... more travel advice
You can walk from the train station to the bridge between Hungary and Slovakia in about 15 minutes. When exiting the... more travel advice
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Komarom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Make a run for the border"
- "Andy in the (Not So) Far East... Hungary"
- "On the other side"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Komarom
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Komarom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Komarom
Photos in KomaromSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1243 photos, 12 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 225 reviews, 1208 photos, 24 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 214 reviews, 848 photos, 17 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 184 reviews, 823 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 469 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues