Pennsylvania Restaurant Tips by Ewingjr98 Top 5 Page for this destination

Pennsylvania Restaurants: 38 reviews and 30 photos

Buckhorn Family Restaurant - Milesburg on I-80 - Pennsylvania
Buckhorn Family Restaurant - Milesburg on I-80

OK, family restaurant may be a bit of a stretch... unless of course you haul your family around with you in your truck. Yup, this restaurant is located in a a TA truck stop. None the less, it is located on a desolate stretch of I-80 where there are very few other restaurant options available. We saw the sign and decided to stop, even after realizing it was just a truck stop restaurant.

I had a hot turkey sandwich with fries and gravy for $7.50. It was surprisingly tasty and full of good turkey breast... My mom had the chicken "pot pie" which was a bowl of chicken stew topped with a puff pastry--not quite like mom used to make, but it cost just $5.50. My dad had the "big reuben" for $8. Three coffees ran us $2 each.

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: Routes 220 And Interstate 80

Theme: Autogrill/Rest Stop

• Updated Dec 29, 2009
Quaker Steak and Lube - Sharon, PA - Pennsylvania
Quaker Steak and Lube - Sharon, PA

I have been a fan of Quaker Steak and Lube since back in the days when there was just one location in Sharon, PA. Since then, our favorite place for wings has expanded around 40 locations, mostly in PA and Ohio, but also Florida, West Virginia, Virgina, Tennessee, Iowa, Georgia, South Carolina, New York, North Carolina, and Canada.

My last visit I ordered a single order (10) of wings and their sirloin steak sandwich with fries. The wings are pretty expensive at $8 for 10, but they are great, especially their cajun, golden garlic, and Louisiana Lickers. The steak sandwich had lots of tender cubed meat, though it was a little blandly flavored. The fries are good, especially when dipped in the extra wing sauce.

Address: 101 Chestnut Street Sharon, PA 16146

Comparison: about average

Other Contact: 1-800-HOT-WING

Phone: (724) 981-WING (9464)

Price: US$11-20

Rating: 5

Theme: Local

Website: http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/Sharon_PA/

• Written Dec 12, 2009

Ewingjr98 Visits Here Frequently!

Ewingjr98

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Badges & Stats in Pennsylvania

• 1,568 Photos

Have you been to Pennsylvania?

Videos in Pennsylvania