"You've Got a Friend in Pennsylvania" Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania by Ewingjr98
Pennsylvania Travel Guide: 6,600 reviews and 15,547 photos
I was born and raised in Pennsylvania.
This page will only cover the small places I have visited or places where I haven't spent much time including Marienville, Allentown, the Allegheny National Forest, and Volant. I have dedicated pages for Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Cook Forest State Park, Lucinda, and Clarion.
In the 1980s the state's slogan was "You've Got a Friend in Pennsylvania." Despite the obvious flaw in that not everyone has a friend in PA--because we are friendly, but not that friendly--this is also terrible English. Was this slogan directed toward travelers from England? Why not use proper American English with "You Have a Friend in Pennsylvania?"
Jim Thorpe was born on an Indian reservation in Oklahoma, to an Irish Catholic father and a mother who was half Sac and... more travel advice
Kinzua Dam was authorized in the 1930s but not started until 1960. When built along the Allegheny River Valley,... more travel advice
- See All Pittsburgh - Far beyond its industrial...
- Iron City Beer
- See All Buckhorn Family Restaurant - Milesburg...
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Pennsylvania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PENNSYLVANIA - HISTORY AMONGST RURAL SPLENDOUR"
- "Our Favorite Neighbor"
- "Welcome to Pennsylvania!"
- "You've Got a Friend in Pennsylvania"
- "Basaic Pennsylvania Page"
- "Welcome to PENNSYLVANIA"
- "LORIPORI' S PENNSYLVANIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pennsylvania
- Hotels in Pennsylvania
- Transportation in Pennsylvania
- Nightlife in Pennsylvania
- Restaurants in Pennsylvania
- Shopping in Pennsylvania
- Warnings and Dangers in Pennsylvania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pennsylvania
- 324 Reviews
- 1,568 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Pennsylvania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pennsylvania
- Posted in Travel Seoul Forum "Re: 1st time & solo trip to Seoul"
- Wrote a Review The Jim Thorpe Memorial, Jim Thorpe, PA in Pennsylvania Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Jim Thorpe Memorial, Jim Thorpe, PA"
- updated a Pennsylvania Travelogue "Pennsylvania"
- Commented on one of cachaseiro's Pennsylvania travel pages
Videos in PennsylvaniaSee All Videos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 273 reviews, 1472 photos, 29 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 266 reviews, 1266 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1243 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 214 reviews, 848 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 469 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues