"The White Mountains Region of New Hampshire" New Hampshire by Ewingjr98
New Hampshire Travel Guide: 1,513 reviews and 4,430 photos
When I lived in Nashua, NH, I made at least 8 or 10 trips up into the White Mountains, mostly to show off my beautiful new state to friends and family. My favorite time of year is fall when the leaves are changing and the weather is still nice, just avoid the busy weekends. Kancamagus Scenic Byway is a favorite drive for many leaf peepers.
I always enjoyed trying to see Mount Washington, home of the world's worst recored weather, but I could rarely see the top through the thick clouds.
Another unique area was the Old Man of the Mountain; he has since lost his head, but he managed to get his mug on the quarter for eternity. See my tip for more details.
Opened in 1902, the Mount Washington Hotel is in Carroll, NH, but the area is generally known as Bretton Woods after the... more travel advice
The White Mountains are a favorite destination for people from across southern New England to see the leaves change each... more travel advice
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
New Hampshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NEW HAMPSHIRE ~~ a few highlights"
- "My Favorite State in the Eastern United States"
- "New England's Alter Ego"
- "Getting the whole point of New Hampshire"
- "diver-x's New Hampshire Page"
- "Spectacular New Hampshire"
- "This is my Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Hampshire
- Hotels in New Hampshire
- Transportation in New Hampshire
- Nightlife in New Hampshire
- Restaurants in New Hampshire
- Shopping in New Hampshire
- Warnings and Dangers in New Hampshire
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in New Hampshire
- 24 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to New Hampshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Hampshire
- Posted in Travel Tokyo Forum "Re: Tokyo travel"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Glen-Ellis Falls"
- updated a New Hampshire Travel Page "The White Mountains Region of New Hampshire"
- Commented on one of SteveOSF's New Hampshire travel pages
- Wrote a Review Bretton Woods -- Mount Washington Hotel in New Hampshire Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1243 photos, 12 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 225 reviews, 1208 photos, 24 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 214 reviews, 848 photos, 17 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 184 reviews, 823 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 469 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues
Top New Hampshire hotels
- North Conway Hotels
- 82 Reviews - 218 Photos
- Bartlett Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Jackson Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Lincoln Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 62 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 67 Reviews - 107 Photos
- Nashua Hotels
- 71 Reviews - 88 Photos
- Hampton Beach Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Portsmouth Hotels
- 266 Reviews - 1292 Photos
- Sanbornton Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 5 Photos
- Franconia Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 109 Photos
- Wolfeboro Hotels
- 23 Reviews - 48 Photos
- Mount Cardigan State Park Hotels
- 1 Review - 19 Photos
- Bedford Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- Meredith Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Laconia Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 32 Photos