"Capitolo Vacation Town" Monopoli by Ewingjr98
Monopoli Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 42 photos
I lived in Capitolo during the summer of 1999. It is a pretty cool little seaside vacation resort with numerous hotels, restaurants, bars and clubs. To the north and south, are plenty of beautiful sandy beaches (topless!) nestled between rocky cliffs along side the Adriatic Sea.
South of town you can find Roman ruins along the water's edge. The the north is the larger town of Bari, only 30 minutes away. Thirty minutes west, over the mountains is Alberobello, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, famous for its stone "trulli" houses. Further west, on the other coast, sit the amazing Pompeii ruins.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Alberobello boasts numerous unique "Trulli" style stone huts. With its origins in... more travel advice
My favorite thing about the Capitolo is the great restaurants on the Adriatic Sea. The feature a great blend of... more travel advice
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Monopoli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capitolo Vacation Town"
- "Monopoli in May"
- "Monopoli,Mar Mediterraneo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monopoli
- Hotels in Monopoli
- Nightlife in Monopoli
- Restaurants in Monopoli
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Monopoli
- 9 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Monopoli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monopoli
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Intro, 283 reviews, 1242 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 245 reviews, 1123 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington D.C. Intro, 194 reviews, 902 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 214 reviews, 848 photos, 17 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 150 reviews, 753 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 168 reviews, 735 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 107 reviews, 469 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pittsburgh Intro, 90 reviews, 470 photos, 12 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 100 reviews, 415 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 71 reviews, 373 photos, 4 travelogues