"Introduction" 21traveller's Profile

Hi There

I love New Zealand. In my younger days I have visited Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, America, Hawaii and Brisbrane(Australia).

I mainly know the area I live which is South Island and and Fiordland.

My main interest is travel. Because of family that means it been a bit limited but has also meant free accommodation at Timaru and Dunedin. Most of my money goes into petrol for the trips.

• Intro Written Oct 6, 2011

• leics's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Thank you! Yes, it's lovely when people come back and tell us what happened although none of us contribute for that reason...we just do it because we like doing it. Feedback like yours is just the cherry on top of the icing on the VT's cake. :-)

• Oct 31, 2011 at 2:37 AM

i was there about 25 yrs ago. I stayed with Dick and Jacqui Dickie they have a son called Steven. I think they owned a business in the area. Dick was canadian born, i loved his accent. Dick was involved in the lions and thats how i was hosted with them. From Sacramento we went to San Francisco. It was an amazing trip. I still remember the thrill of going over the Golden Gate Bridge and going down the windiest street. I really liked Auburn. It was a beautiful place. Although I nearly got runover cos I was not looking the right way for the cars. thanks for the welcome. I really enjoy reading about other peoples travel questions and advice.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Hi Deborah. Welcome to VT. Yes, I know where Auburn is. It's about a 15-minute drive from us. It's a lovely small town with a vibrant art community. It's particularly pretty right now when the Fall colors are changing. A day-trip to Sacramento from Auburn would be easy . . . although I don't know what the roads were like when you were here. How long ago was it?

• craic's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2011 at 5:26 PM

mt cook is not the most obvious suburb in wgton - but i have friends who live there

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

21traveller

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.