"City of the Saint Peter" Saint Petersburg by Oleg_D.

Saint Petersburg Travel Guide: 3,647 reviews and 7,959 photos

Palace Square with MHQ and Alexandrovski Column
  • Pros:One of the most beautiful cities in the World.
  • Cons:The winter here is too long, too cold and too wet.
  • In a nutshell:The Pearl of the European civilization.
  • Last visit to Saint Petersburg: Jun 2013
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• Muscovite's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2016 at 12:30 AM

Are there any construction works behind the Headquarters' arch?

• Muscovite's Profile Photo
      Nov 17, 2016 at 5:14 AM

Seeing a building crane, you can never be sure what to expect

Nov 17, 2016 at 5:17 AM

Ususaly I expect new building if crane is installed.

• viddra's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2016 at 1:33 PM

Just started reading your page and admiring beautiful photos. Btw, I'll soon be visiting this wonderful city for the first time =)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2016 at 11:34 AM

Me again, coming back to read your most recent additions to this remarkable page. Beautiful outdoor photos of the city in the winter, and indoor photos from the museum.

• EasyMalc's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2016 at 10:10 AM

I've enjoyed looking at the recent photos of your home city more than anything else

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Oleg, fabulous page about St. Petersburg and its several museum. Although I once stayed one week in the city, I didn't even visit one museum, also not the Hermitage. The weather was lovely so that I prefered to explore the city outside.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2015 at 3:03 AM

Like your night intro photos. I have been to a Blockada museum that was indoors, so it must have been a different one to the outdoor one in your tip.

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:21 AM

The opening night picture shows the building of Main HQ of Russian Imperial Army, this is the home of Russian Imperial Life Guard. And big Museum dedicated to Defense of Leningrad in 1941-1944 is situated it other place in so, called Salt City (Solyanoy Gorodok). Travel logs dedicated to museum which is situated outside of the city.

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2014 at 4:03 AM

Amazing photos of St Petersburg, Oleg! I would love to visit the Hermitage one day. Your photos make me want to visit even more! :)

• nada1712's Profile Photo
      Aug 6, 2014 at 7:39 AM

You have written some extraordinary pages....quite wonderful, congratulations!

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Mucho Gracias for visiting and evaluation of my humble efforts!

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2014 at 4:03 AM

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2014 at 2:28 AM

So many amazing museums! And I'm sure you only started on them ... Not too much in regards of medieval art, though :-)

May 25, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Thanks for visiting and rating. History is my hobby but West European Medieval History is the favorite part of it. So, I can do nothing with me!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Excellent page! I've enjoyed every page! The inteterior of these museums are out of this world, the excellent paintings and "that" armour - fantastic! Pity is hard for us to go there and see for ourselves.

May 20, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Thank you for visiting and rating! Speaking honestly Saint Petersburg is not very far from Australia. We are living during the time of big and fast airplanes! Unfortunately flights are no cheap at all!

Oleg_D. Was Born Here!

Oleg_D.

“And now to London with triumphal march”

Badges & Stats in Saint Petersburg

Have you been to Saint Petersburg?

Latest Activity in Saint Petersburg