"Lisbon the sunny city." Lisbon by Oleg_D.

Lisbon Travel Guide: 5,338 reviews and 13,204 photos

What is Lisbon for me? This is the sunny city with nice weather and friendly people. This is medieval Alfama where you can feel real old Lisbon with your own skin. And of course my personal impression is based on the pleasure I received visiting the Lisbon?s museums, churches, monasteries and castle. I like that city. First evening in Lisbon we spent at the Square of Commerce because we were had to visit the tourist office and collect our Lisbon cards. That evening was wonderful and unforgettable!

• Pros:Beautiful town with great history and cultural heritage. Very polite and friendly inhabitants.
  • Cons:None
  • In a nutshell:Tradition, History, Culture, Friendship and Love!
  • Last visit to Lisbon: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2016 at 8:24 PM

Thanks for sharing these excellent museums, I will have them on my list if I ever make it here. Great photos of the beautiful paintings!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2016 at 5:58 AM

An excellent page, Oleg!

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2016 at 1:35 PM

Lisbon is another city I have to re visit. I feel at home when I am there.

Feb 28, 2016 at 2:18 PM

Because although I retired I still work and cannot travel when I want. My schedules depend on my job.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
      Feb 28, 2016 at 2:22 PM

I have the same problem. I signed that meeting, but I still have to wait some weeks more to check a flight and book a room in Albufeira.

• paddington28's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2015 at 6:15 AM

Great sunset shots here Oleg! just seen the picture of christ the redeemer here on your Lisbon pages.Seen the one in Rio,must get here to see this one!!

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Thank you for visiting and rating! Lisbon is fabulous and Portuguese is very friendly toward foreigners. And Porto wines?.!!!

• wabat's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2015 at 2:31 AM

Certainly an interesting page Oleg covering gallaries and museums in Lisbon.

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:12 AM

Thank you for visiting and rating! I really like Lisbon and Portugal.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2015 at 4:50 AM

Great overview of some wonderful museums in Lisbon. Very interesting! Thanks for the tour.

• jorgejuansanchez's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2015 at 6:34 AM

Excellent page about Lisbon. I hope that you will write in teh future a review about your visit to the Fado Museum.

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Thank you for visiting and rating. Probably I will write about Fado but I'm incorrigible medieval militarist, that's why medieval general and especialy military history has priority.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2015 at 1:03 PM

Very interesting Lisbon page with very different tips. On my two visits of the Portuguese capital I haven't really visited a single museum. I love your intro photos. Well done.

May 6, 2015 at 11:24 PM

Many thanks for visiting and rating. We are all different and with different interests. Cooperating we are making true picture of real world.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Thanks for bringing back wonderful memories of Lisbon :-) I loved this town when we had our Euromeet there some years back and .. it seems that I should come back. Love the Tile Museum and the Maritime Museum :-)

Nov 16, 2014 at 2:00 AM

I love Lisbon too and especially Portuguese people who are always friendly and always are redy to help foreigner. Thank you for visiting and rating!

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2014 at 4:14 AM

Bringing back great memories of my visit to Lisbon and Belem. Indeed you found a few museums that I missed! I suppose I will just have to visit your suggestions in the future; a good excuse to visit a beautiful city and country.

Jun 26, 2014 at 4:19 AM

Thank you for your evaluation! You are absolutely right! I?m always trying to find such self-justifications to come back to some cities!

“And now to London with triumphal march”

Badges & Stats in Lisbon