"Vienna any time of the year" Vienna by seeyouthere
Vienna Travel Guide: 7,892 reviews and 20,694 photos
Last Chistmas we were in Vienna and it was some sight to see with all the light everywhere in the pedestrian section of the center.
There were "glud wine" and sausage stands were you could warm yourself up.
It was not to cold there to my" Canadian standard" but at times the wind would be chilly.
There are plenty of "Chistmas Markets all over the best ones we seen were at "Schonnbrunn palace" and at the" Maria Terrisa plaza" also the is a big Market at the "Rathaus".
The concerts are not to be missed there, but do your homework and you will see a good concert for a reasonable price. The Golden Hall" is very good for around 80 euro or you could check out some of the many churches that will give concerts for just your donation,just show up early and enjoy the music.
We found that during the winter there are more people than during the summer months visiting the museums and concerts than in the summer so book in advance.
We just returned from there in August and it was awesome there at this time of the year. Be sure to visit Schonnbrunn Palace and the gardens behind the palace and also the ZOO.
The Belvedere Palace is also not to be missed with it,s extensive art collection, and gardens.
It is recomended to buy the Vienna pass and you will recieve discounts on enty fees and your transit is unlimited.
- Pros:Perfect to take in all the culture and history about The role the city played over the centuries and also the music
- Cons:The "Inner Altstadt" get very crowded and make sure you go for dinner early since most restaurants close around 10-11 pm
- In a nutshell:A must place to visit in europe and learn about it,s importance for the Whole of Europe in the past
seeyouthere's Related Pages
Vienna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My birthplace & the place where I feel at home..."
- "VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !"
- "WALTZ INTO VIENNA!"
- "Rainy day in Vienna 2006, sunny in 2013"
- "VIENNA AND THE PASSION OF ART"
- "Vienna and its never-ending history"
- "Just More then Mozart, Strauss und Sacher torte"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vienna
- Hotels in Vienna
- Transportation in Vienna
- Nightlife in Vienna
- Restaurants in Vienna
- Shopping in Vienna
- Warnings and Dangers in Vienna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vienna
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vienna
No friends yet.