"Relaxing in Peace" Gambier Island by MsVancouverGirl

Gambier Island Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos

Gambier Island is located in British Columbia and is one of the largest islands located in Howe Sound. It's a lovely island to visit with the only access being by boat. You can kayak in, take a water taxi, charter a boat or BC Ferries runs a passenger only shuttle to New Brighton dock from Landsdale (by Gibsons, BC)

One of the things I love about visiting is that cars can't access the island unless it's on a barge so most people have golf carts. I came in March when the island is quieter but during my hikes on the gravel road, I only saw one car.

The island swells in the summer with approx 600 people and has about 125 permenant residents. It's a great place to visit.

Things to Do

The island is a great place to simply relax or you can go on numerous hikes. When I was researching I found information on Gambier Island Conservation website (http://www.gambierc.ca/trails.html). If you enjoy hiking, check it out.

You can also stroll along the beach, sun tan, kayak or simply relax with a good book. We didn't have internet access except on our cells but it was nice not having it for a weekend getaway. Some of the cottages do but it's not wide spread.

• Last visit to Gambier Island: Mar 2010
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

Comments

MsVancouverGirl's Related Pages

MsVancouverGirl

“Life is short, make the most of it.”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Gambier Island

Have you been to Gambier Island?

Latest Activity in Gambier Island