"The Wonders of Marrakesh" Marrakesh by jannie22

Marrakesh Travel Guide: 2,293 reviews and 6,414 photos

I absolutely love this place, after having been here for three weeks now. When I first arrived here I was in shock! Jemaa El Fna, the main square, has a huge buzz and so much energy that it can be exhausting at first! especially when the weather is particularly hot. After a while you will get to know the culture and feel more comfortable. I have made friends with many of the locals, and yesterday one of the locals GAVE me a scarf for free, rather than me having to haggle with all my energy to get a decent price! People are so helpful here and if you have an open mind, they have an open heart. Its amazing how many different languages people speak!
Another amazing part of the culture is the food! Ahh the tajines, I couldnt tell you how many I have eaten!
I have been staying in a Riad called Riad Magellan (www.riadmagellan.com), and they offer cooking lessons, and also yoga if you are interested! I would highly recommend that you check it out, its so close to Jemaa El Fna, but at the same time far enough away that you can relax in peace and quiet with the smell of incence and alluminated candles at night. Thanks for a great stay guys!

• In a nutshell:Absolutely loved it!
  • Last visit to Marrakesh: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Marrakesh

Have you been to Marrakesh?

Latest Activity in Marrakesh