"Along the North Sea coastline, County of Fife" Scotland by 6mirror
Scotland Travel Guide: 12,635 reviews and 27,924 photos
Less than a 2 mile walk from Kilconquhar Castle, where we were staying, is Elie, a quaint and sleepy village with a few small shops, a cafe or two, and a petrol station. A regional bus ride north along narrow roads passes views of the North Sea amid open green rolling hills between villages to St. Andrews.
We stopped here in this bustling larger town for a stroll along the main street facing the North Sea and to grab a bite of "award-winning" fish and chips at the Waterfront Chip Shop.
Along the same road to St. Andrews is this wee town of Crail, and this church, where John Knox, ardent supporter of Protestantism in Scotland, is said to have begun his rantings and railings against Catholic Mary, Queen of Scots.
- Pros:So full of history!
- Cons:Allow more time for deeper exploration
- In a nutshell:Way more here than meets the eye!
6mirror's Related Pages
Scotland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scotland For The Brave"
- "Scotland Travel Tips - Scotland Edinburgh Orkney"
- "My Scotland page"
- "Alba, Caledonia, "God's Country"; this is Scotland"
- "Scotland: fascinating and impressive"
- "Ben-UK's Scotland page"
- "Scotland, a sassenach's view"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scotland
- Hotels in Scotland
- Transportation in Scotland
- Nightlife in Scotland
- Restaurants in Scotland
- Shopping in Scotland
- Warnings and Dangers in Scotland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scotland
- 0 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Scotland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scotland
Top 10 Pages
- Valladolid Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 1 review, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kilconquhar Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Massachusetts Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Poipu Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chichén-Itzá Intro, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jedburgh Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 3 photos
- Germany Intro, 3 photos