"Ezine, Canakkale" Ezine by Tavakli
Ezine Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 11 photos
Ezine is the largest town near Tavakli and is approx 22 km away. It has a population of around 17,500 an is 39 metres ( 128 ft ) above sea level. Ezine is very famous for its white cheese which is made with cow or lambs milk and which is referred to locally as Ezine Peyniri.
Definately worth visiting are the Ottoman mosques, Abdurrahman or Sefer Sah Mosque. The 14th century hermit Ahi Yunus is buried nearby. The mosques were constructed using stone and building materials from the ancient ruins of Neandreia, upon which Ezine is built.
Ezine has everything that a good sized town can provide. It is therefore one of the main areas for shopping in this region. It also benefits from the main highway passing from Canakkale to Izmir.
- Pros:Excellent for shopping
- Cons:Not a great deal to do
- In a nutshell:Ezine is a delightful town which welcomes visitors with open arms
Tavakli's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Ezine
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ezine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ezine
Photos in EzineSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Tavakli Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Ezine Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Assos Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Gulpinar Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Troy Intro, 3 photos
- Geyikli Intro, 3 photos
- Kumburun Intro, 3 photos
- Pinarbasi Intro, 3 photos
- Turkey Intro, 2 photos
- Bayramic Intro, 2 photos
No friends yet.