"A town all of its own, Sainte Anne d'Auray" Saint Anne-d'Auray by gwened
Saint Anne-d'Auray Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 86 photos
you cant missed is the center of every day life in the town of Sainte Anne d'Auray very near me. Sainte Anne is the mother of Mary, grandmother of Jesus according to the Bretons, and it is ,also, their patron saint of all Brittany.
A local farmer Yvon Nicolazic, hears a woman tells him in Breton language "Me zo Anna mamm Mari", which means in French «Je suis la mère de Marie". Which means in English, I am the mother of Mary.
It was on July 25th 1624, on the eve of the feast of Sainte Anne. ON the March 7 of 1625, he receives a call from Sainte Anne, Yvon Nicolazic discovered in his fields near Bocenno , a statue of Sainte Anne coming from an old chapel that was in ruins. This was the signal authentiating the truth of the appearences.
The story goes, and it continues today as all July 25-26 there is a big religious event here second only to Lourdes in France.
28 steps of suffering for Sainte Anne, there is a beautiful stained glass figure of her in the middle.
A monument to fallen built by the five parrishes of Brittany after the WWI conflict in memory of the 240 000 bretons who died in the war
inside bottom you have a chapel with a flag in stone of each of the Breton parishes.
- Pros:the shrine basilica of Sainte Anne d'Auray
- Cons:all is around the religion
- In a nutshell:The center of Catholicism in Brittany
This is a religious event held every July 25-26 the day of Sainte Anne,and follow by a million folks from all over... more travel advice
This is the most important saint of all, the seven bishops who founded Brittany and then there is Sainte Anne There were... more travel advice
Written Jun 30, 2013
Sainte Anne d'Auray
Written Aug 10, 2014
The tranquil serene powers of Sainte Anne
gwened's Related Pages
Saint Anne-d'Auray Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A uniquely Breton place of pilgrimage"
- "A town all of its own, Sainte Anne d'Auray"
- "Jean Paul II was here"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Anne-d'Auray
- Transportation in Saint Anne-d'Auray
- Restaurants in Saint Anne-d'Auray
- Shopping in Saint Anne-d'Auray
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Anne-d'Auray
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Anne-d'Auray
- 15 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (255)
Have you been to Saint Anne-d'Auray?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Anne-d'Auray
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Is it possible to walk across..."
- Wrote a Review Grand Pardon of Ste Anne in Saint Anne-d'Auray Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Grand Pardon of Ste Anne"
- updated a Saint Anne-d'Auray Travelogue "The tranquil serene powers of Sainte Anne"
- Commented on one of gwened's Saint Anne-d'Auray tips
Photos in Saint Anne-d'AuraySee All Photos (67)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 342 reviews, 1072 photos, 20 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 250 reviews, 835 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 192 reviews, 776 photos, 14 travelogues
- Île-de-France Intro, 200 reviews, 554 photos, 7 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 123 reviews, 494 photos, 8 travelogues
- Aquitaine Intro, 103 reviews, 440 photos, 18 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 101 reviews, 418 photos, 11 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 142 reviews, 307 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 100 reviews, 291 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 70 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues