"A town all of its own, Sainte Anne d'Auray" Saint Anne-d'Auray by gwened
Saint Anne-d'Auray Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 93 photos
you cant missed is the center of every day life in the town of Sainte Anne d'Auray very near me. Sainte Anne is the mother of Mary, grandmother of Jesus according to the Bretons, and it is ,also, their patron saint of all Brittany.
A local farmer Yvon Nicolazic, hears a woman tells him in Breton language "Me zo Anna mamm Mari", which means in French «Je suis la mère de Marie". Which means in English, I am the mother of Mary.
It was on July 25th 1624, on the eve of the feast of Sainte Anne. ON the March 7 of 1625, he receives a call from Sainte Anne, Yvon Nicolazic discovered in his fields near Bocenno , a statue of Sainte Anne coming from an old chapel that was in ruins. This was the signal authentiating the truth of the appearences.
The story goes, and it continues today as all July 25-26 there is a big religious event here second only to Lourdes in France.
28 steps of suffering for Sainte Anne, there is a beautiful stained glass figure of her in the middle.
A monument to fallen built by the five parrishes of Brittany after the WWI conflict in memory of the 240 000 bretons who died in the war
inside bottom you have a chapel with a flag in stone of each of the Breton parishes.
- Pros:the shrine basilica of Sainte Anne d'Auray
- Cons:all is around the religion
- In a nutshell:The center of Catholicism in Brittany
Ok so this is close to me and come by here many times just for the inspirational basilica of Sainte Anne, but even in... more travel advice
It a beautiful park on the left side (facing) of the basilica of Sainte Anne d'Auray on the road D102 direction... more travel advice
gwened's Related Pages
Saint Anne-d'Auray Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A uniquely Breton place of pilgrimage"
- "A town all of its own, Sainte Anne d'Auray"
- "Jean Paul II was here"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Anne-d'Auray
- Transportation in Saint Anne-d'Auray
- Restaurants in Saint Anne-d'Auray
- Shopping in Saint Anne-d'Auray
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Anne-d'Auray
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Anne-d'Auray
- 16 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (312)
Have you been to Saint Anne-d'Auray?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Anne-d'Auray
- Posted in Travel Prades Forum "Re: Ski resorts near Prades "
- Uploaded a Photo to "Maison natale d'Yves Nicolazic"
- Wrote a Review On the go driving by Ste Anne d'Auray in Saint Anne-d'Auray Transportation
- updated a Saint Anne-d'Auray Travelogue "Sainte Anne d'Auray, the spiritual site"
- Commented on one of gwened's Saint Anne-d'Auray tips
Photos in Saint Anne-d'AuraySee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 370 reviews, 1235 photos, 23 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 216 reviews, 927 photos, 21 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 135 reviews, 571 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 141 reviews, 503 photos, 8 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 116 reviews, 519 photos, 15 travelogues
- Île-de-France Intro, 138 reviews, 387 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 110 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 71 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 62 reviews, 267 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quiberon Intro, 68 reviews, 261 photos, 5 travelogues