"Auray a city with a history of three countries" Auray by gwened
Auray Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 591 photos
this is where i lived, the photo is a shot from the hotel de ville at pl de la republique in city center looking at rue de chateau at end that goes down to lower city district of St Goustan,riverfront where in 1776 Benjamin Franklin came asking the king of France, Loius XVI for support and recognition of a new nation, the USA. Also, from where Samuel Champlain sailed in 1632 to reconquest port royal in Acadia.
and see the travelogue here
a Breton saying "En bretagne la pluie ne mouille que les cons!" meaning In Brittany, the rain only wet the ...dummies.
where Benjamin Franklin landed in 1776 to ask for help of France to the young nation of the USA; then became the first US ambassador to France ever!
The area around it at pl St Sauveur has been completely remodeled and its gorgeous
The main Church in town Saint Gildas imposing from many angles, lots of history all the way from France vs Brittany era.
At Place Notre Dame
- Pros:beautiful historical town,quaint old streets,relaxing
- In a nutshell:The history of three countries in one ::)
This was a family gathering a while back and no photos, today was walking in town and finally snap one as wanted to... more travel advice
Wonderful small library to find all those nice travel and maps we need and plenty more. The staff is very knowledgable... more travel advice
- See All Chapelle de la Congregation or tourist...
- See All favorite parkings in Auray
- See All nice kyriad close to beaches and road
- See All piscine or aquaparc Alré'O
- See All You are never tired of Saint Goustan
gwened's Related Pages
Auray Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Auray a city with a history of three countries"
- "Auray in Morbihan"
- "Auray, so nice city near the sea"
- "CLEAN BUT RATHER INSIPID TOWN IN BRITTANY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auray
- Hotels in Auray
- Transportation in Auray
- Nightlife in Auray
- Restaurants in Auray
- Shopping in Auray
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Auray
- 130 Reviews
- 545 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (289)
Have you been to Auray?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auray
Photos in AuraySee All Photos (545)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 345 reviews, 1091 photos, 20 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 253 reviews, 854 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 194 reviews, 794 photos, 15 travelogues
- Île-de-France Intro, 207 reviews, 571 photos, 7 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 130 reviews, 546 photos, 10 travelogues
- Aquitaine Intro, 104 reviews, 445 photos, 18 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 101 reviews, 419 photos, 11 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 100 reviews, 293 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 71 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Centre Intro, 89 reviews, 255 photos, 2 travelogues