"Auray a city with a history of three countries" Auray by gwened
Auray Travel Guide: 120 reviews and 437 photos
this is where i lived, the photo is a shot from the hotel de ville at pl de la republique in city center looking at rue de chateau at end that goes down to lower city district of St Goustan,riverfront where in 1776 Benjamin Franklin came asking the king of France, Loius XVI for support and recognition of a new nation, the USA. Also, from where Samuel Champlain sailed in 1632 to reconquest port royal in Acadia.
and see the travelogue here
a Breton saying "En bretagne la pluie ne mouille que les cons!" meaning In Brittany, the rain only wet the ...dummies.
where Benjamin Franklin landed in 1776 to ask for help of France to the young nation of the USA; then became the first US ambassador to France ever!
The area around it at pl St Sauveur has been completely remodeled and its gorgeous
Beautiful river loch joining the auray and keeps going past the st goustan district under the expressway N165 (photo taken from it) ,and continue on to the UNESCO inspired Gulf of Morbihan with its beautiful islands and then onwards to the Atlantic ocean.
Its a sea of boating delights.
- Pros:beautiful historical town,quaint old streets,relaxing
- In a nutshell:The history of three countries in one ::)
well here is another hypermarket huge place with all your needs will be fulfilled in one stop shopping. We like to go... more travel advice
This is for the handyman in you,and many items suitable for the beaches, and some needed stuff for an extended visit... more travel advice
- See All walks along the quais of Auray
- See All Church of Saint Sauveur
- See All city center practical Celtic
- See All buses to and from Auray
- See All SPOUM,theater
gwened's Related Pages
Auray Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Auray a city with a history of three countries"
- "Auray in Morbihan"
- "Auray, so nice city near the sea"
- "CLEAN BUT RATHER INSIPID TOWN IN BRITTANY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auray
- Hotels in Auray
- Transportation in Auray
- Nightlife in Auray
- Restaurants in Auray
- Shopping in Auray
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Auray
- 107 Reviews
- 391 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (200)
Have you been to Auray?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auray
- Posted in Travel Santiago de Compostela Forum "Re: A scenic route from Santiago..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "walks along the quais of Auray"
- updated a Auray Travel Page "Auray a city with a history of three countries"
- Wrote a Review E. Leclerc hypermarket in Auray Shopping
- Commented on one of gwened's Auray travel pages
Photos in AuraySee All Photos (391)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 309 reviews, 863 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 141 reviews, 454 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 139 reviews, 419 photos, 6 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 107 reviews, 392 photos, 5 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 91 reviews, 385 photos, 11 travelogues
- Île-de-France Intro, 109 reviews, 277 photos, 4 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 83 reviews, 278 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 91 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 68 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Centre Intro, 67 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues