"Auray a city with a history of three countries" Auray by gwened
Auray Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 596 photos
this is where i lived, the photo is a shot from the hotel de ville at pl de la republique in city center looking at rue de chateau at end that goes down to lower city district of St Goustan,riverfront where in 1776 Benjamin Franklin came asking the king of France, Loius XVI for support and recognition of a new nation, the USA. Also, from where Samuel Champlain sailed in 1632 to reconquest port royal in Acadia.
and see the travelogue here
a Breton saying "En bretagne la pluie ne mouille que les cons!" meaning In Brittany, the rain only wet the ...dummies.
where Benjamin Franklin landed in 1776 to ask for help of France to the young nation of the USA; then became the first US ambassador to France ever!
The area around it at pl St Sauveur has been completely remodeled and its gorgeous
The main Church in town Saint Gildas imposing from many angles, lots of history all the way from France vs Brittany era.
At Place Notre Dame
- Pros:beautiful historical town,quaint old streets,relaxing
- In a nutshell:The history of three countries in one ::)
This is a shopping tip but it is also a custom of all towns here to hold one indoors outdoors or both. This one at Auray... more travel advice
This has been renovated and it looks sparkling nice, right on place de la République and facing literally the Hotel de... more travel advice
- See All favorite parkings in Auray
- See All nice kyriad close to beaches and road
- See All piscine or aquaparc Alré'O
- See All You are never tired of Saint Goustan
gwened's Related Pages
Auray Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Auray a city with a history of three countries"
- "Auray in Morbihan"
- "Auray, so nice city near the sea"
- "CLEAN BUT RATHER INSIPID TOWN IN BRITTANY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auray
- Hotels in Auray
- Transportation in Auray
- Nightlife in Auray
- Restaurants in Auray
- Shopping in Auray
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Auray
- 131 Reviews
- 550 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (293)
Have you been to Auray?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auray
Photos in AuraySee All Photos (550)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 350 reviews, 1102 photos, 20 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 258 reviews, 886 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 195 reviews, 797 photos, 15 travelogues
- Île-de-France Intro, 208 reviews, 576 photos, 7 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 131 reviews, 551 photos, 10 travelogues
- Aquitaine Intro, 104 reviews, 445 photos, 18 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 101 reviews, 419 photos, 11 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 101 reviews, 293 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 71 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Centre Intro, 89 reviews, 255 photos, 2 travelogues