"Auray a city with a history of three countries" Auray by gwened
Auray Travel Guide: 145 reviews and 605 photos
this is where i lived, the photo is a shot from the hotel de ville at pl de la republique in city center looking at rue de chateau at end that goes down to lower city district of St Goustan,riverfront where in 1776 Benjamin Franklin came asking the king of France, Loius XVI for support and recognition of a new nation, the USA. Also, from where Samuel Champlain sailed in 1632 to reconquest port royal in Acadia.
and see the travelogue here
a Breton saying "En bretagne la pluie ne mouille que les cons!" meaning In Brittany, the rain only wet the ...dummies.
where Benjamin Franklin landed in 1776 to ask for help of France to the young nation of the USA; then became the first US ambassador to France ever!
The area around it at pl St Sauveur has been completely remodeled and its gorgeous
The main Church in town Saint Gildas imposing from many angles, lots of history all the way from France vs Brittany era.
At Place Notre Dame
- Pros:beautiful historical town,quaint old streets,relaxing
- In a nutshell:The history of three countries in one ::)
Well now Auray has its own cinema complex in a great area full of hotels, restaurants and shops even groceries all one... more travel advice
This was a family gathering a while back and no photos, today was walking in town and finally snap one as wanted to... more travel advice
- See All favorite parkings in Auray
- See All nice kyriad close to beaches and road
- See All piscine or aquaparc Alré'O
- See All You are never tired of Saint Goustan
gwened's Related Pages
Auray Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Auray a city with a history of three countries"
- "Auray in Morbihan"
- "Auray, so nice city near the sea"
- "CLEAN BUT RATHER INSIPID TOWN IN BRITTANY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auray
- Hotels in Auray
- Transportation in Auray
- Nightlife in Auray
- Restaurants in Auray
- Shopping in Auray
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Auray
- 132 Reviews
- 559 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (307)
Have you been to Auray?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auray
Photos in AuraySee All Photos (559)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 354 reviews, 1135 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 198 reviews, 823 photos, 17 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 132 reviews, 560 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 145 reviews, 523 photos, 8 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 116 reviews, 519 photos, 15 travelogues
- Île-de-France Intro, 140 reviews, 395 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 110 reviews, 337 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 71 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues
- Aquitaine Intro, 58 reviews, 275 photos, 13 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 62 reviews, 267 photos, 5 travelogues