"The land of the megalithes stones or the beaches!" Carnac by gwened
Carnac Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 197 photos
UNESCO contender and a vast empty space in history as trying to figure how these massive stones got here and by whom its a great puzzle, very popular with crowds from all over, and the stone is a central part in Breton life, even houses and driveways are decorated with them.
The best part is that I live about 20kms from here lol!!! My backyard beach.
the central beach , very close to everything and the IN place to be in town
part of the Lucien Barriere group and on the bourg or city side of Carnac
- Pros:the megalithes capital of the world
- Cons:better by car
- In a nutshell:The megalithes and the beaches a natural beauty
this is the big beach or grande plage. It is the lively happening center of life in Carnac, just up to ave miln into... more travel advice
well this is great pizza, the name is the Pisa tower in French. just 50 meters from the grande plage and great made... more travel advice
- See All breton biscuits cookies and souvenirs
- See All Yacht Club de Carnac
- See All the best at city center of Carnac,Marine
Written Jul 8, 2012
The many faces of Carnac
Written Aug 23, 2012
land and sea at Carnac
gwened's Related Pages
Carnac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Center of the Megalithic Monuments"
- "Prehistoric, and Ancient Stone Formation"
- "And the big mystery is.. why?"
- "Megaliths at Carnac"
- "Brittany in general"
- "The land of the megalithes stones or the beaches!"
- "A surfeit of standing stones"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Carnac
- Hotels in Carnac
- Transportation in Carnac
- Nightlife in Carnac
- Restaurants in Carnac
- Shopping in Carnac
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carnac
- 34 Reviews
- 99 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (90)
Have you been to Carnac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carnac
Photos in CarnacSee All Photos (99)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 215 reviews, 479 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 112 reviews, 317 photos, 4 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 97 reviews, 317 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 104 reviews, 289 photos, 5 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 75 reviews, 277 photos, 8 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 76 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- France Intro, 192 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 72 reviews, 191 photos, 3 travelogues
- Quiberon Intro, 48 reviews, 154 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nantes Intro, 41 reviews, 119 photos