"Chantilly ,more than a cream its royal" Chantilly by gwened
Chantilly Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 156 photos
yes brother of aking, makes a wonderful castle, put extensive furniture, and paintings, and historical library inside, and the world comes over, now managed by the Institut de France as a legacy to Duke d'Amale.
Chantilly is world known for its castle, that have prestigious collections in its museum Condé, and its famous whipped cream!. It is internationally known for its horse activities, its racecourse with its grand prix of the Jockey Club ,and prix de Diane; it houses the biggest center of race horse training in France.
Intimately link to the family of Montmorency from the 15C to the 17C, ten the family of the Condé from the 17C to the 19C. It has a wonderful fire works displays every year.
coming me driving on the side of the castle just over the pond, looks mysteriously grand...
help from the Aga Khan foundation to keep these wonderful horses in show, a living museum of the horse.wonderful!!!
- Pros:castle history, horses, and a cream, come over soon
- In a nutshell:The wonderful sharing of history and gastronomy
another town to walk a bit more expansive due to the racecourse,living horse museum and castle and then the town, but... more travel advice
one of the landmarks of the city often overlook but very nice noble and historic. The hospital or hospice de Grand Condé... more travel advice
gwened's Related Pages
Chantilly Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chantilly-Land of the Ancients"
- "Under construction!"
- "more to follow..."
- "Chantily and castle"
- "A Day Trip or an Overnight?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chantilly
- Hotels in Chantilly
- Transportation in Chantilly
- Nightlife in Chantilly
- Restaurants in Chantilly
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chantilly
- 11 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (200)
Have you been to Chantilly?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chantilly
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: MH 370 ..1 month of searching "
- Uploaded a Photo to "gardens and parks of Chateau de Chantilly"
- Commented on one of gwened's Chantilly travel pages
- Wrote a Review walk Chantilly in Chantilly Favorites
- updated a Chantilly Travel Page "Chantilly ,more than a cream its royal"
Photos in ChantillySee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 309 reviews, 863 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 141 reviews, 456 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 141 reviews, 422 photos, 6 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 107 reviews, 392 photos, 5 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 91 reviews, 385 photos, 11 travelogues
- Île-de-France Intro, 113 reviews, 286 photos, 4 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 83 reviews, 278 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 91 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 68 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Centre Intro, 72 reviews, 200 photos, 2 travelogues