"Chantilly ,more than a royal dream its for all." Chantilly by gwened
Chantilly Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 157 photos
yes brother of aking, makes a wonderful castle, put extensive furniture, and paintings, and historical library inside, and the world comes over, now managed by the Institut de France as a legacy to Duke d'Amale.
Chantilly is world known for its castle, that have prestigious collections in its museum Condé, and its famous whipped cream!. It is internationally known for its horse activities, its racecourse with its grand prix of the Jockey Club ,and prix de Diane; it houses the biggest center of race horse training in France.
Intimately link to the family of Montmorency from the 15C to the 17C, ten the family of the Condé from the 17C to the 19C. It has a wonderful fire works displays every year.
coming me driving on the side of the castle just over the pond, looks mysteriously grand...
With one of the best paintings collection in France , many think second only to the Louvre, this is the Chateau de Chantilly galerie des glaces, a smaller version of that one in another castle of France ::)
- Pros:castle history, horses, and a cream, come over soon
- In a nutshell:The wonderful sharing of history and gastronomy
another town to walk a bit more expansive due to the racecourse,living horse museum and castle and then the town, but... more travel advice
one of the landmarks of the city often overlook but very nice noble and historic. The hospital or hospice de Grand Condé... more travel advice
gwened's Related Pages
Chantilly Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chantilly-Land of the Ancients"
- "Under construction!"
- "more to follow..."
- "Chantily and castle"
- "A Day Trip or an Overnight?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chantilly
- Hotels in Chantilly
- Transportation in Chantilly
- Nightlife in Chantilly
- Restaurants in Chantilly
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chantilly
- 11 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (319)
Have you been to Chantilly?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chantilly
- Posted in Travel South America Forum "Re: connection times"
- updated a Chantilly Travel Page "Chantilly ,more than a royal dream its for all."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Chantilly ,more than a royal dream its for all."
- Commented on one of gwened's Chantilly travel pages
- Wrote a Review walk Chantilly in Chantilly Favorites
Photos in ChantillySee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 374 reviews, 1254 photos, 24 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 217 reviews, 933 photos, 21 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 135 reviews, 572 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 142 reviews, 503 photos, 8 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 118 reviews, 522 photos, 15 travelogues
- Île-de-France Intro, 141 reviews, 391 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 110 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 69 reviews, 267 photos, 4 travelogues
- Quiberon Intro, 69 reviews, 265 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 62 reviews, 267 photos, 5 travelogues