"France is a movable feast !!!!!" France by gwened
France Travel Guide: 59,279 reviews and 161,828 photos
Yes many if not all have heard read, that E Hemingway wrote a book posthumous that spoked tons about the beauty of Paris, and we all came to agree. However, I said , he was short, if he venture more into the country ,he will definitively write or had written a follow up book because France is a movable feast
See it for yourself to believe too.
France, is in the extremities of western Europe. It is bordered by the North Sea, Manche on the northwest, Atlantic Ocean in the west, and the Mediterranean sea in the n the southeast. The country has borders with Belgium and Luxembourg in the northeast, Germany and Switzerland in the east, Italy and Monaco in the southeast,and Spain and Andorra in the southwest.
It has possessions and territories such as Guyane in South America. Guadaloupe, Martinique, Saint Pierre et Miquelon, Saint Martin, and Saint Barthéllemy in the Caribbean. French polinesia(Tahiti etc), New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna and Cilpperton in the Pacific Ocean; La Reunion, Mayotte, Eparse Islands, Crozet islands,Kerguelen islands, and Saint Paul-etAmsterdam in the Indian Ocean. As well as Adelaide lands in the Antartique circle.
It has 552 000 sq km in land ,and it is the 41st biggest country in the world. It is the 3rd biggest in Europe, Second if include the outer territories, ,and the biggest in the European Union. Biggest cities are Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, Lille ,Bordeaux,Nice, Nantes, Strasbourg,and Grenoble.
Its roots are in Gaullic celts that were conquered by Julius Cesar in the 1 BC, but it takes its name from the Germanic people of the Francs that came in the 5C AC precisely in 496 AC where king of the Francs Clovis defeated Lothar of the Alemanni over the Rhine.
In 2010, France rank 6th in immigrant population with 7,8% of foreign stock. It is ,also, the most visited country in the world with around 78-82 million visitor per year. Paris been the first city most visited in the world with about 27M of which 18M are foreigners. French is the official central language but there are estimated 19 other variations in the country.
Official site representing France to the world is at
lavaur is my wife's father side birthplace, so here in the middle of Cathar country is where deep France is the most beautiful
the beaches of the Médoc, yes Bordeaux, has beaches on the Atlantic ocean side that can compare with the best in the world at the right time.
This one is at lacanau océan plage centrale
- Pros:France is a movable feast
- Cons:none will ever be found
- In a nutshell:The most beautiful country in the world
This is Verdun, it is a magical tragic city in the region of Lorraine, dept of the Meuse, France. Trying to bring back... more travel advice
It is a passionate subject for me as I am a wine collector/amateur/drinker/you name it. It is ,also, a very diverse and... more travel advice
gwened's Related Pages
France Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL FRANCE !!!"
- "France - a place for many adventures"
- "France 2002 & 1995"
- "LA BELLE FRANCE"
- "My memory of the past, my dreams of the future"
- See All...
- Things to Do in France
- Hotels in France
- Transportation in France
- Nightlife in France
- Restaurants in France
- Shopping in France
- Warnings and Dangers in France
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in France
- 1,786 Reviews
- 5,153 Photos
- 3,267 Forum posts
- 49 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (152)
Have you been to France?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in France
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: OK, be honest ...."
- Commented on the France travel guide
- Commented on one of gwened's France travel pages
- Wrote a Review Come see history of not to be repeated Verdun in France Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Come see history of not to be repeated Verdun"
- updated a France Travelogue "Some views of my France"
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 282 reviews, 700 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 131 reviews, 403 photos, 6 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 106 reviews, 387 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 126 reviews, 366 photos, 6 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 89 reviews, 358 photos, 9 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 83 reviews, 277 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 68 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 85 reviews, 243 photos, 3 travelogues
- Île-de-France Intro, 63 reviews, 147 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quiberon Intro, 48 reviews, 154 photos, 3 travelogues
Top France hotels
- Paris Hotels
- 22507 Reviews - 55085 Photos
- Nice Hotels
- 1785 Reviews - 3832 Photos
- Lille Hotels
- 388 Reviews - 940 Photos
- Strasbourg Hotels
- 926 Reviews - 2778 Photos
- Lourdes Hotels
- 125 Reviews - 278 Photos
- Cannes Hotels
- 443 Reviews - 1104 Photos
- Caen Hotels
- 142 Reviews - 374 Photos
- Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Hotels
- 318 Reviews - 669 Photos
- Nantes Hotels
- 220 Reviews - 643 Photos
- Avignon Hotels
- 416 Reviews - 1179 Photos
- Annecy Hotels
- 215 Reviews - 653 Photos
- Menton Hotels
- 131 Reviews - 292 Photos
- Colmar Hotels
- 309 Reviews - 951 Photos
- Bayeux Hotels
- 189 Reviews - 558 Photos
- Le Cap d'Agde Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 95 Photos