"France is a movable feast !!!!!" France by gwened
France Travel Guide: 63,512 reviews and 178,144 photos
Yes many if not all have heard read, that E Hemingway wrote a book posthumous that spoked tons about the beauty of Paris, and we all came to agree. However, I said , he was short, if he venture more into the country ,he will definitively write or had written a follow up book because France is a movable feast
See it for yourself to believe too.
France, is in the extremities of western Europe. It is bordered by the North Sea, Manche on the northwest, Atlantic Ocean in the west, and the Mediterranean sea in the n the southeast. The country has borders with Belgium and Luxembourg in the northeast, Germany and Switzerland in the east, Italy and Monaco in the southeast,and Spain and Andorra in the southwest.
It has possessions and territories such as Guyane in South America. Guadaloupe, Martinique, Saint Pierre et Miquelon, Saint Martin, and Saint Barthéllemy in the Caribbean. French polinesia(Tahiti etc), New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna and Cilpperton in the Pacific Ocean; La Reunion, Mayotte, Eparse Islands, Crozet islands,Kerguelen islands, and Saint Paul-etAmsterdam in the Indian Ocean. As well as Adelaide lands in the Antartique circle.
It has 552 000 sq km in land ,and it is the 41st biggest country in the world. It is the 3rd biggest in Europe, Second if include the outer territories, ,and the biggest in the European Union. Biggest cities are Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, Lille ,Bordeaux,Nice, Nantes, Strasbourg,and Grenoble.
Its roots are in Gaullic celts that were conquered by Julius Cesar in the 1 BC, but it takes its name from the Germanic people of the Francs that came in the 5C AC precisely in 496 AC where king of the Francs Clovis defeated Lothar of the Alemanni over the Rhine.
In 2010, France rank 6th in immigrant population with 7,8% of foreign stock. It is ,also, the most visited country in the world with around 78-82 million visitor per year. Paris been the first city most visited in the world with about 27M of which 18M are foreigners. French is the official central language but there are estimated 19 other variations in the country.
Official site representing France to the world is at
ps main photo where I started it all with my wife
lavaur is my wife's father side birthplace, so here in the middle of Cathar country is where deep France is the most beautiful
the beaches of the Médoc, yes Bordeaux, has beaches on the Atlantic ocean side that can compare with the best in the world at the right time.
This one is at lacanau océan plage centrale
- Pros:France is a movable feast
- Cons:none will ever be found
- In a nutshell:The most beautiful country in the world
A hot topic of how many days we get off here in la Belle France. My family thinks we get too much, of course they don't... more travel advice
This is another non profit organisation sponsored by the many government agencies to foster the best places of France.... more travel advice
- Neither warnings or danger just...
- See All Busing around France
- See All The flowers towns of France
- Find good restaurants
- See All Gites de France
gwened's Related Pages
France Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL FRANCE !!!"
- "France - a place for many adventures"
- "France 2002 & 1995"
- "LA BELLE FRANCE"
- "My memory of the past, my dreams of the future"
- See All...
- Things to Do in France
- Hotels in France
- Transportation in France
- Nightlife in France
- Restaurants in France
- Shopping in France
- Warnings and Dangers in France
- See All...
Badges & Stats in France
- 3,586 Reviews
- 12,818 Photos
- 6,349 Forum posts
- 136 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (326)
Have you been to France?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in France
- Posted in Travel La Baule-Escoublac Forum "Re: What to do"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Vacations in France"
- Wrote a Review Vacations in France in France Local Customs
- Commented on one of gwened's France travel pages
- updated a France Travel Page "France is a movable feast !!!!!"
- Commented on the France travel guide
Videos in FranceSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 377 reviews, 1277 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 225 reviews, 979 photos, 21 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 163 reviews, 617 photos, 13 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 140 reviews, 592 photos, 11 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 119 reviews, 525 photos, 15 travelogues
- Île-de-France Intro, 143 reviews, 398 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 116 reviews, 343 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 69 reviews, 267 photos, 4 travelogues
- Quiberon Intro, 69 reviews, 265 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 62 reviews, 267 photos, 5 travelogues