"The town of the monastery and chancellor's house" Malestroit by gwened
Malestroit Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 33 photos
older town goes back to 987AD, sitting in the departément 56 Morbihan, it is crossover by the canal Nantes- Brest and the river Oust that can misleading from the canal as they look the same.
It has the old chancellerie of Brittany an old house that used to serve as the meeting ground of the council of Brittany. It has the welcome of the Polish soldiers in WWII that from January 1940, welcomed them to form the Mountain chaser Brigade that took part in the battle of Narvik.
Many narrow quaint old streets that has given this town the label of Petite cité de charactére, or small town with character in France.
Nice city to visit off the N166 Vannes-Rennes corridor.
- Pros:The old historical ,river oust, walks are great
- In a nutshell:The city by the canal and the river oust
just in town , a real working wheat milling dating from 1682AD, the Moulins de Malestroit were created to refine the... more travel advice
another wonderful city center in Malestroit, just along the river is a wonderful trip, and the plaza in front of... more travel advice
gwened's Related Pages
Malestroit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The town of the monastery and chancellor's house"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malestroit
- Hotels in Malestroit
- Transportation in Malestroit
- Restaurants in Malestroit
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malestroit
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (312)
Have you been to Malestroit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malestroit
- Posted in Travel Salou Forum "Re: buying jewellery"
- updated a Malestroit Travel Page "The town of the monastery and chancellor's house"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The town of the monastery and chancellor's house"
- Commented on one of gwened's Malestroit travel pages
- Wrote a Review Moulin de Guéguen, Malestroit in Malestroit Off The Beaten Path
Photos in MalestroitSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 370 reviews, 1235 photos, 23 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 216 reviews, 927 photos, 21 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 135 reviews, 571 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 141 reviews, 503 photos, 8 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 116 reviews, 519 photos, 15 travelogues
- Île-de-France Intro, 138 reviews, 387 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 110 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 71 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 62 reviews, 267 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quiberon Intro, 68 reviews, 261 photos, 5 travelogues