"Paris is PARIS no introduction needed" Paris by gwened
Paris Travel Guide: 22,471 reviews and 55,005 photos
ok so this is not a photo, actually it is an architect rendition of what it was there before, the building facing todays jardin des tuileries is no longer there; the palais des tuileries done in 1579 by Catherine de Medici was burn and ravage by the communards in 1871 and raze down by the city of Paris in 1883. Now it an open space from the louvre (that it was once part of attached to the wings) to the jardin des tuileries.
There is a group who is trying to re build identical at a cost aprox of 350 M euros and use as a window of FRance with all the good things about the country;ongoing project I am involved. webpage under construction at http://www.tuileries.org
I first came upon this city by chance in 1972 while living in Madrid. A group of youngs decided to take a curiosity trip to the Eternal Paris of Marlon Brando and Maria Schneider in the The Last Tango in Paris. well it has been a virus of wonderful proportions, now my blog is name after it paris1972. I am sure that once you come here you will get infected too,and then we can trade tips on what is better here at VT ::)
One of the best symbols of Paris, the wonderful mythical pl de la concorde. It used to be the Place Royale, or royal plaza, then after the French revolution it was called Pl de la Revolution or revolution plaza and then on the reconciliation of the French people it was call as now Place de la Concorde or undertanding or agreement plaza really
This is a today picture of the tallest Christmas tree in Europe at 35 meters and the view of the magnificent Grande Roue,magical Paris
looking at the lady you know who , and its always great here ,see you lol!
- Pros:everything for it
- Cons:nothing against it
- In a nutshell:The most beautiful city in the world
walking in cities is our passion, and Paris is the best for it. So much to see ,so many détails, and wonderful... more travel advice
a magical word in the Paris landscape, and a must to visit. I can't tell you enough, not an artist, you need to be to... more travel advice
- See All great train station hotel
- See All independant wine growers in paris
- See All great bar food at a train station...
- See All covered market local at Brochant
gwened's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 273 Reviews
- 666 Photos
- 1,434 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (147)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Posted in Travel Florida Forum "Re: What kind of..."
- Wrote a Review Walk Paris is like climbing to heavens about Architecture in Paris Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "cruising boat rides in Paris"
- Commented on one of gwened's Paris tips
- updated a Paris Travelogue "Driving photos of Paris"
- Commented on the Paris travel guide
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (666)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 273 reviews, 666 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 130 reviews, 402 photos, 6 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 106 reviews, 387 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 126 reviews, 366 photos, 6 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 84 reviews, 329 photos, 9 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 83 reviews, 277 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 68 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 85 reviews, 240 photos, 3 travelogues
- Quiberon Intro, 48 reviews, 154 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nantes Intro, 44 reviews, 143 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (67)
Latest Paris hotel reviews
- Hotel Sevigne
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel Paris
- 661 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Le Quartier Republique Marais
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- Quality Hotel Michel Montparnasse
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Paris - Champs Elysees
- 213 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Grand Hotel Leveque
- 550 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Formule 1 Porte de Saint Ouen
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- Villa des Princes
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 5, 2013
- Hotel National
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Disney's Hotel Santa Fe - Parks tickets included
- 1433 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Hotel des Chevaliers
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Paname Hotel Bastille
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Hotel Esmerelda
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Best Western Atlantic Hotel Paris
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013