"Wonderful inland Morbihan" Rochefort-en-Terre by gwened
Rochefort-en-Terre Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 80 photos
wonderful inland Morbihan in Brittany, this is a castle once owned by an American family from Baltimore who supported many painters here, then it became property of the regionalgovernment. Lots of paintings from the family and exhibitions by others still held.
The town is wonderful to walk with many cobblestone,quaint shops and nice foodie restos. A must to see in inland Morbihan, the rest of the photos are personal but I hope you see it as an enticement to come and visit
Rochefort-en-Terre is name in Brittany one of the town of character and history , as in French « Petite Cité de Caractère », she is ,also , a village fleuri four flowers rating! or a flower town of France, and Les Plus Beaux Villages de FRance or the The most beautiful towns of France designation. All worth it.
will be close for renovations all of 2012.
tower from 1125AD north facade from 1533, dukes of Brittany in there, and great history richly done still on the ceilings with the colors of the Duchy of Brittany!
- Pros:Art,history,and wonderful shopping
- Cons:none but need a car
- In a nutshell:The history of arts by an American lover of the region
A wonderful time to see this Church is at Christmas , all is open and free, and the conversation about it even better.... more travel advice
This is a wonderful place at the entrance to the city on the main road, what better way to try it in the Christmas... more travel advice
- See All Again Christmas at Rochefort en Terre
- walk Rochefort-en-Terre
- See All nice family lodging in city center...
gwened's Related Pages
Rochefort-en-Terre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful inland Morbihan"
- "What a Discovery!"
- "A pictoresque village!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rochefort-en-Terre
- Hotels in Rochefort-en-Terre
- Transportation in Rochefort-en-Terre
- Restaurants in Rochefort-en-Terre
- Shopping in Rochefort-en-Terre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rochefort-en-Terre
- 21 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (293)
Have you been to Rochefort-en-Terre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rochefort-en-Terre
- Posted in Travel Sevilla Forum "Re: What to do at Sevilla"
- Wrote a Review Notre Dame de la Tronchaye at Christmas in Rochefort-en-Terre Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Notre Dame de la Tronchaye at Christmas"
- updated a Rochefort-en-Terre Travelogue "Sights of beautiful Rochefort en Terre"
- Commented on one of gwened's Rochefort-en-Terre tips
Photos in Rochefort-en-TerreSee All Photos (71)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 350 reviews, 1102 photos, 20 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 257 reviews, 881 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 195 reviews, 797 photos, 15 travelogues
- Île-de-France Intro, 208 reviews, 576 photos, 7 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 131 reviews, 551 photos, 10 travelogues
- Aquitaine Intro, 104 reviews, 445 photos, 18 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 101 reviews, 419 photos, 11 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 100 reviews, 293 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 71 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Centre Intro, 89 reviews, 255 photos, 2 travelogues