"Unesco World Heritage area" gwened's Profile
I live in Auray(An Alre) and work in Vannes(Gwened) , the capital of the department of Morbihan -56 ,Breton for small sea ,in Brittany or Bretagne or Breizh in France. My name is Gwened, breton language in French it is Vannes.
NO I LIKE FACEBOOK ,PLEASE. THANKS. READ!!!
A bit more about me, I have been to 79 countries of our world ,speak English,Spanish,French,and Portuguese. National passport carrying citizen of 4 countries Cuba(first 10 yrs),Spain( next 4 yrs), USA(next 31 yrs),and current home and country France(so far counting 10 years). Loves to participate in travel forum here and elsewhere,and have my own blog in my profile here
This is where I live or have lived from now back:
VT people I have met
CesVT, forestqueenNYC,Penelope4, joiwatani,footstool, riorich55, viajesdelmundo, adagio1, cochinjew, and LeslieofTodd.
The main photo is the Porte de Saint Vincent in le port area of Vannes, old city, this is in honor of Father Vicente Ferrier (1350-1419) who came from Valencia Spain in the 1400's to spread the gospel here, and He is buried at the Cathedral St Pierre here.
NO I LIKE FACEBOOK ,PLEASE. THANKS
fantastic area full of old wooden houses, and restos around a pleasure marina with a canal that goes all from city center to the gulf of morbihan. I live 17 kms from here.
This is where everything happenned in Vannes day or night
This is where in 1776 Benjamin Franklin landed in 1776 en route to ask king Louis XVI to recognise the young nation of the USA; there is a plaque commemorating this and the street along the river is call quai Franklin, you see from the old castle remains toward the center of pl St Sauveur
I live near here.
the marvelous district of Saint Goustan, where all began and history was made, and now you can enjoy the beautiful plaza. You must stop by my area lol
quai Franklin by the river Loch that goes out to gulf of morbihan and the atlantic ocean
this is rue du Chateau or the road going down to ruins of the castle and the district of St Goustan on a night time walk the city all by myself
the edge of the river Loch off the road came down to the edge of the wonderful river that goes out to the Gulf of Morbihan and later the Atlantic Ocean, and from where Benjamin Franklin came in on his trip from America after a storm made him land here in Auray
This is a beautiful church, inside is the tomb of Father Vicente Ferrier who came to this area from Valencia Spain and evangelise the region in early 1400's
He,also, has a statue in front door, and an arch door by le Port area .
off the city of Vannes a peninsula full of restos, hotels ,and one of my favorite creperies, off here on the gulf you can play bowling.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Boracay Island Hotels
- Key West Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Bacolod City Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Parish of Portland Hotels
- Ho Chi Minh City Hotels
- Bacolod City
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Kuching Hotels
- Tai Po Hotels
- Saskatoon Hotels
- Laoag City
- Santo Domingo Hotels
- La Spezia
- Ottawa Hotels
- Puerto Rico
- Palm Springs Hotels
- Bradford Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,997 Reviews
- 4,827 Photos
- 19 Countries
- 57 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Place to buy camera"
- Commented on gwened's profile page
- Commented on the Spain travel guide
- updated a Bretagne Travel Page "The isles of France"
- Wrote a Review Walk Plouay in Bretagne Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walk Plouay"
updated their Profile Page "Unesco World Heritage area"
- gwened and codrutz are now friends.
PhotosSee All Photos (4827)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 221 reviews, 491 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 115 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 110 reviews, 309 photos, 5 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 97 reviews, 317 photos, 4 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 75 reviews, 277 photos, 8 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 76 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues
- France Intro, 204 reviews, 137 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 73 reviews, 197 photos, 3 travelogues
- Quiberon Intro, 48 reviews, 154 photos, 3 travelogues
- Carnac Intro, 43 reviews, 137 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22192 Reviews - 53983 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23034 Reviews - 47260 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7497 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7697 Reviews - 19749 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos