"Unesco World Heritage area" gwened's Profile
I live in Pluvigner (Pleuwigner), and work in Vannes (Gwened) , the capital of the department of Morbihan -56 ,Breton for small sea ,in Brittany or Bretagne or Breizh in France. My name is Gwened, breton language in French it is Vannes. Before these I lived in Auray (An Alre) in the Morbihan area too, and before that lived for 10 years in Versailles.
NO I LIKE FACEBOOK ,PLEASE. THANKS. READ!!!
A bit more about me, I have been to 79 countries of our world ,speak English,Spanish,French,and Portuguese. National passport carrying citizen of 4 countries Cuba(first 10 yrs),Spain( next 4 yrs), USA(next 31 yrs),and current home and country France(so far counting 10 years). Loves to participate in travel forum here and elsewhere,and have my own blog in my profile here
This is where I live or have lived from now back:
VT people I have met
CesVT, forestqueenNYC,Penelope4, joiwatani,footstool, riorich55, viajesdelmundo, adagio1, Redang, cochinjew, and LeslieofTodd.
The main photo is the Porte de Saint Vincent in le port area of Vannes, old city, this is in honor of Father Vicente Ferrier (1350-1419) who came from Valencia Spain in the 1400's to spread the gospel here, and He is buried at the Cathedral St Pierre here.
NO I LIKE FACEBOOK ,PLEASE. THANKS
fantastic area full of old wooden houses, and restos around a pleasure marina with a canal that goes all from city center to the gulf of morbihan. I live 17 kms from here.
This is where everything happenned in Vannes day or night
This is where in 1776 Benjamin Franklin landed in 1776 en route to ask king Louis XVI to recognise the young nation of the USA; there is a plaque commemorating this and the street along the river is call quai Franklin, you see from the old castle remains toward the center of pl St Sauveur
I live near here.
the marvelous district of Saint Goustan, where all began and history was made, and now you can enjoy the beautiful plaza. You must stop by my area lol
quai Franklin by the river Loch that goes out to gulf of morbihan and the atlantic ocean
this is a chateau or castle in a city, it is a place for special events, historical still with the family,and a great gastronomic créperie restaurant. The town where I now live.
the edge of the river Loch off the road came down to the edge of the wonderful river that goes out to the Gulf of Morbihan and later the Atlantic Ocean, and from where Benjamin Franklin came in on his trip from America after a storm made him land here in Auray
This is a beautiful church, inside is the tomb of Father Vicente Ferrier who came to this area from Valencia Spain and evangelise the region in early 1400's
He,also, has a statue in front door, and an arch door by le Port area .
off the city of Vannes a peninsula full of restos, hotels ,and one of my favorite creperies, off here on the gulf you can play bowling.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Key West Hotels
- Makati Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- Baclaran Hotels
- Karachi Hotels
- Munnar Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Goose Rocks Beach Hotels
- Ipoh Hotels
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- Ottawa Hotels
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- St. John's Hotels
- Kuching Hotels
- Beijing Hotels
- Abu Dhabi Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2,471 Reviews
- 6,543 Photos
- 22 Countries
- 58 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (147)
- Wrote a Review Church Sainte Jeanne d'Arc in Versailles Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Church Sainte Jeanne d'Arc"
- Posted in Travel Vigo Forum "Re: Good gyms in Vigo?"
- Commented on gwened's profile page
- updated a Paris Travelogue "Driving photos of Paris"
updated their Profile Page "Unesco World Heritage area"
- Commented on the Bretagne travel guide
- gwened and JimKnopf are now friends.
PhotosSee All Photos (6543)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 268 reviews, 641 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vannes Intro, 130 reviews, 402 photos, 6 travelogues
- Auray Intro, 106 reviews, 387 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bretagne Intro, 126 reviews, 366 photos, 6 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 84 reviews, 329 photos, 9 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 83 reviews, 277 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 68 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 85 reviews, 240 photos, 3 travelogues
- Quiberon Intro, 48 reviews, 154 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nantes Intro, 44 reviews, 143 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos