"Kutna Hora" Kutna Hora by bakalapoe
Kutna Hora Travel Guide: 370 reviews and 971 photos
Kutna Hora is known by the mining of silver. In 1142 the first Cistercian monastery in the Czech lands was established in the nearby village of Sedlec. At the end of the 13th century the original mining settlement of Old Kutna soon became a wealthy royal city. In 1300 King Vaclav II issued the mining legislation and initiated a coinage reform. One century later Vaclav IV issued the Kutna Hora Decree which amended the proportion of votes at Prague University in favour of the Czechs. Kutna Hora is therefore rightly considered to be the treasure-house of the land whose wealth gave strength to the expansion of the Kingdom of Bohemia. The fact that the US dollar is named after Kutna Hora's silver “tolar” is just one example of the town’s far-reaching influence. Its history and uniqueness were recognized in 1995 when the city was inscribed in the UNESCO World Cultural and Heritage List.
bakalapoe's Related Pages
Kutna Hora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old bones Galore for the serious bone connaisseur"
- "North Bohemian Growing Pains"
- "Kutná Hora - treasury of the Czech Kingdom"
- "ONCE A RICH SILVER CITY - NOW A UNESCO SITE"
- "The Historical Kutna Hora.."
- "Kutna Hora - formerly rich of silver Czech town"
- "Kutna Hora - A Day Outside of Prague"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kutna Hora
- Hotels in Kutna Hora
- Transportation in Kutna Hora
- Nightlife in Kutna Hora
- Restaurants in Kutna Hora
- Shopping in Kutna Hora
- Warnings and Dangers in Kutna Hora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kutna Hora
- 0 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kutna Hora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kutna Hora
Photos in Kutna HoraSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Thessaloniki Intro, 14 reviews, 215 photos, 19 travelogues
- Serrai Intro, 19 reviews, 154 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edirne Intro, 9 reviews, 134 photos, 11 travelogues
- Kosovo Intro, 5 reviews, 137 photos, 14 travelogues
- Prefecture of Evros Intro, 6 reviews, 132 photos, 13 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 3 reviews, 97 photos, 10 travelogues
- Xanthi Intro, 7 reviews, 87 photos, 7 travelogues
- Dhidhimotikhon Intro, 5 reviews, 85 photos, 9 travelogues
- Komotini Intro, 7 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kurdzhali Intro, 7 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues