"Police stop for no reason" Tampa by damehrtens

Tampa Travel Guide: 1,048 reviews and 2,371 photos

ticketed for not moving over even tho not able

THere is a street near where my elderly mother lives called bruce b downs. I took her out to dinner and was returning home when there were two police cars with lights stopped as there almost always is all along this road all the time. I was trying to get into the other lane when the car behind me suddenly pulled over and cut me off. the police officer then proceded to come after me. she came up to may car and did not tell me why i was being stopped. she then told me it was because i did not pull over. i said that i could not but she said i did not slow down and she had me on radar going 40 mph. My elderly mother on oxygen with terminal cancer was very upset and we had to sit in a hot car for over 20 minutes while she ran my plates and wrote me a ticket for 150.00 I could not move over without causing an accident but this did not seem to matter. she was extremely rude and abrupt. I am presently moving my mom from this area. I do not know why there are so man police patroling and stopping cars continuously on this street but i feel that there is a seriously problem in this area. i am moving her to sarasota. i never liked tampa. it has always appeared to be a town with serious financial and cultural problems. there are many strip clubs and very poor areas and very poor people. I like florida for the most part but you should avoid the tampa area and the space coast. there seems to be a lot of police and social problems that create many unjust situations.

• Last visit to Tampa: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

Comments

damehrtens Visits Here Frequently!

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.