"CeBu CiTy - QuEeN cItY oF tHe SoUtH" Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu City by suroyista

Cebu City Travel Guide: 492 reviews and 1,474 photos

Meeting the Queen for the first time...

One of the places here in the Philippines, that I am not so eager or excited to visit, was Cebu City. Why? It's because of the negative things that I have heard about it from people who've been there.

RAMPANT PICKPOCKETING - this is the most common thing that I usually get from my friends, whenever I asked them about Cebu City.

But, is this really true? Well, there's only one way to find out... ;o)

With my husband's persistence, we flew to Cebu City last November 2010 for a 3 days and 2 nights vacation. I wasn't really expecting a lot from this trip, my mind was set to a whole day malling and food tripping.

While waiting for our boarding time, my husband handed me a leaflet that features Cebu City. He got it from the magazine stall inside the airport for Php 20.00. The leaflet provides useful informations about the city's "must see" spots. Informations include an overview about each spot, its address, contact numbers, etc.. etc. One small portion of the leaflet was the "message from the city mayor" - Mayor Michael Rama. In his message, he was welcoming all tourists; inviting those who haven't visited the city; and proudly cited some of the best features the city offers to all visitors.

After reading it, I felt more comfortable because I believe that the message was not just for "formality sake". For me, it was a sincere invitation to all Filipinos and Tourists to come and visit the city, despite its "not so pleasant" reputation.

With that, I thought, I am ready and excited to meet the Queen of the South... ;o)

Queen Cebu, here we come!

It was a beautiful day when we arrived in Cebu. When I saw the "Welcome.." sign on top of the Mandaue Bridge, I knew right then that there's more about this city than the "rampant pickpocketers". heheheh!

Move over pickpocketers! 'Coz here we come! ;o)

• Pros:Rich Culture; Historical Spots; Big Malls; Good Food
  • Cons:Pickpocketers (BE VIGILANT)
  • In a nutshell:Cebu City deserves to be called as The Queen!
  • Last visit to Cebu City: Nov 2010
  • Intro Updated Sep 18, 2011

suroyista

“Spend each day like it's your last.”

Badges & Stats in Cebu City

Have you been to Cebu City?

Latest Activity in Cebu City