"Capital of summer, Lithuanian Rimini!" Top 5 Page for this destination Palanga by vysnaite
Palanga Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 287 photos
Some particularities about the Baltic Sea. First, it's in the West, so the sunset is always straight to the sea.. Is it cold? Well.. it depends what's cold for you. I think it's Refreshing, thus my boyfriend says it's "conservating".. A good temperature for the Baltic Sea is 18*C. After the storm, if you go early in the morning you can find small pieces of amber. The air in Palanga is great, as it's a mix of the oxygen and elements produced by the pine tree forests and the Baltic Sea. Reccomended for anyone's lungs.
Palanga becomes a capital city in summer. There are other seaside resorts, in the aspect of Nature even nicer (see Curorian Spil - Juodkrante, Nida) but many people prefer Palanga. Main reasons why they choose this place: young people choose it because it's fun, full of bars and lound music (Basanvicius street) , older people choose it because they are used to this place from older times and can't imagine being elsewhere. For people who prefer calmness I'd reccomend Curorian Split (even if you are in Palanga, take at least a day trip to there).
I would divide Palanga into two main parts: Basanavicius street covered with bars and musci in the evening and Pine tree parks with Botanical garden - calm and relaxed.
Negative sides of Palanga: sometimes young people (teenagers and so on) get too drunk, it can be crowded, too much Russian music and tourists, not predictable weather: rain/sun can come suddenly out of nothing, and dissapear after 30 minutes or it can stay all day long.
Postive sides: if you want to have fun , that's your place, pine tree forests, sea and air fullfiled with iode (good for your lungs), beaches, nice nature, the pier, romantic sunsets and lovely athmosphere, cheap beer (for those who drink it) and amber.
That's the exact image that comes to my mind when I start missing the Baltic Sea... foamy, white, dreamy..
Botanical park is a very relaxed, with beautiful sceneries and fullfiled with romance. You can observe many weddings... more travel advice
Ok, I must admit women's beach was one of my favorite places to go when I used to be on vacation without man's company,... more travel advice
vysnaite's Related Pages
Palanga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital of summer, Lithuanian Rimini!"
- "Palanga - Lithuanian capital of summer"
- "Welcome to the seaside resort Palanga"
- "Palanga in the summer time"
- "Palanga - most popular Lithuanian resort"
- "PALANGA page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palanga
- Hotels in Palanga
- Transportation in Palanga
- Nightlife in Palanga
- Restaurants in Palanga
- Shopping in Palanga
- Warnings and Dangers in Palanga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palanga
- 34 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Palanga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palanga
Top 10 Pages
- Kaunas Intro, 62 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 56 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palanga Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Lithuania Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agrigento Intro, 23 reviews, 28 photos
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ferrara Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos