"Agrigento -little Marocco with lots of Italy" Top 5 Page for this destination Agrigento by vysnaite
Agrigento Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 296 photos
At the moment that I'm writing this I'm in Agrigento for the second time of my life. I've been here three months ago, and now I'm here for another two weeks. Despite my long stays in Italy, mostly on the continental part, Sicily is quite a new discovery to me and Agrigento remains quite of a mystery, I do not talk about architecture or nature here, but about people and their mentality. Agrigento was founded in 581 A.C. , dominated by many different nations, from Greek, to Romans, and Arabs.
It would be great to say "yes, I've got an impression how sicilians or agrigentini are", but it's far away from the truth. I've always wondered how people staying in one place for a week or a few days say "oh, these people are sooo nice/sooo strange/sooooo bad" etc. I'm not staying in a hotel, but at my friends so I live with locals and sicilians still remain kind of a puzzle to me. Thought, I'd have to admit it's a nice puzzle!
Leaving apart those reflexive thoughts I'll try to put on some information on this page about the town, nature, architecture and my own impressions. IT's really a place worth a visit and not only for its ancient greek temples.
Agrigento is also a birth city of Pirandello and phylosopher Empedocle.
- Pros:nice, hot, sunny, close to the sea
- In a nutshell:little Marocco with lots of Italy
I don't get it. I've got only one thing that most of people in sicily are really different in mentality from continental... more travel advice
San Gerlando is a patron of the city, nevertheless, the most popular and celebrated fiest in Agrigento belongs to San... more travel advice
vysnaite's Related Pages
Agrigento Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Agrigento -little Marocco with lots of Italy"
- "Agrigento: The Ups and Downs"
- "My heart has been stolen"
- "september rain"
- "One of those hidden treasures of the World"
- "IL DUOMO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Agrigento
- Hotels in Agrigento
- Transportation in Agrigento
- Nightlife in Agrigento
- Restaurants in Agrigento
- Shopping in Agrigento
- Warnings and Dangers in Agrigento
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Agrigento
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Agrigento?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agrigento
Top 10 Pages
- Kaunas Intro, 62 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 56 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palanga Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Lithuania Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agrigento Intro, 23 reviews, 28 photos
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ferrara Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos