"Byzantine culture blended with Italian flavour!" Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna by vysnaite
Ravenna Travel Guide: 365 reviews and 1,126 photos
If you would like to know what happened to the the water level and why the floor of churches in Ravenna is lifted, where's the best ice-cream and carpet sky, the place from which the sea moved away, where is Dante now and what is in common between C.Jung and neonian babtistery, who was Theodorico and why is he important..you are in the right place! Welcome =)
This city was my home for almost a year during last three years, I really <3 love it and I'm sure you'd love it too seeing it with my eyes! It became part of my life and I'm happy to be able to share it with you.
Craft men from Ravenna were being invited to Venice as professionals. City inspired Dante (here’s his grave), Byron (library houses some of his original hand written works), Klimit, Carl Gustave Jung was here, I was here too, now is your turn! =)
Mosaics are not only in San Vitale church, but in most churches of Ravenna.
In one word – city with taste of Byzantine culture blended with Italian flavour.
Ravenna is a calm town close to Adriatic coast, Included into World Heritage by UNESCO this lovely city has treasures of mosaics and very interesting history. Guess anyone who knows something more or less about history knows that in 5th century it was the capital of Western Empire, with Teodorico in rule and all what he had left. It was the flourishing time of Ravenna, it became the main city of Roman –Barbarian kingdom and a crossroad of different civilizations. Eastern influence has left marvelous blend of Italian and Byzantine culture – marbles and mosaic decorations.
And don't forget it's a great place for vacation in summer offering varaiety of activities from just absorbing the sun on Adriatic coast, breathing the aroma of pine trees or having an active holiday, biking, fitness and all the fun!
There's also an amusement park Mirabilandia. If you're not too lazy you can move and to themed park (which is aready in Rimini) Italia in miniatura.
Ravenna is also great because of its' geographical location not that far from Venice and Florence and great spot for doing wine routes as the areas of wine yards are just around about half an hour by car!
Ravenna has really what to offer to a visitor.
Another seaside place with wild night life. 15-20 minutes by car, with many bars in a center, many rich funcky people,... more travel advice
Piadina or Piada is a traditional bread (I wouldn't call it bread, it's more like french crepes, just different taste,... more travel advice
- See All Mirabilandia - amusement park,...
- See All Getting there -Train, Plane
- See All Just because I stayed there
- See All In Ravenna
- Clothes, triffles and accesories
vysnaite's Related Pages
Ravenna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Byzantine culture blended with Italian flavour!"
- "Ravenna, City of Mosaics"
- "The magic of the mosaics"
- "Once was famous"
- "Basilica di Sant' Apollinare Nuovo"
- "Ravenna - A Byzantine Centre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ravenna
- Hotels in Ravenna
- Transportation in Ravenna
- Nightlife in Ravenna
- Restaurants in Ravenna
- Shopping in Ravenna
- Warnings and Dangers in Ravenna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ravenna
- 56 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 69 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Ravenna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ravenna
- updated a Ravenna Travel Page "Byzantine culture blended with Italian flavour!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Byzantine culture blended with Italian flavour!"
- Wrote a Review Milano Marittima in Ravenna Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of horseskoby's Ravenna travel pages
- Posted in Travel Ravenna Forum "RE: viewing mosaics"
Top 10 Pages
- Kaunas Intro, 62 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 56 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palanga Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Lithuania Intro, 21 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Agrigento Intro, 23 reviews, 28 photos
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ferrara Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos