Boca de Tomatlán Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 51 photos

Here in Boca de Tomatlan the food is very good and the cost is very reasonable. These restauants provide the best hospitality and the servers and very respectful. They will not cheat you and will go to extremes to provide you with your preference. Everyone works together here and I found it to be a very hard honest working community. Try there fresh fish tacos and the ice cold beer. You'll love it.

Through out my travels I've been to alot of places but the locals here in Boca de Tomatlan are so very friendly and very respectful. When I first landed in Boca by water taxi, the children ran over and wanted to know if we needed any assistance with our back-packs. I was like really really surprised and expected there request to be paid which did not occur. They just wanted to be helpful. Then came the older men who also wanted to assist us at no cost which we declined for the reason it wasn't that big of an issue. I could not believe what I was witnessing for the reason in the U.S and my recent travels, I could not believe peope like this actually existed. Furthermore, not only where we welcomed by a few of the locals but we were also invited to there homes for dinner and then I was requested to be present as a gruess to one of there family gatherings. During one of my visit to Boca de Tomatlan, I was approached by a young man who stated that the Maestro, who was head of the school district wanted to see me. During my visit I was introduced to all the children and then they asked if I could be present at there graduation. The maestro informed me that I could not decline such an offer and that it would be an Honor to have a Native American Indian present during such a special event. It was further requested that I personally hand out there graduation certificates. I had never had such an experiance and I can only say that my entire visit in Boca de Tomatlan, really amazed me that such conducted could existed in Mexico after all the controversy we heard within the United States.

In my prior travels, I stated that the trails were not safe. But here in Boca de Tomatlan, there as safe as anyone can be. Traveling as far as I could possibly go away from the beach, I met some very well mannered locals who were more then willing to not only direct us to some really amazing sites, but also any other additional information we needed. We were told were to get fresh water if needed along the river and what plants had eatable fruits. We were also given directions to some really good swimming holes to go to. For a minute I started to think, "wait a minute, is this some kind of a joke", were out here in the middle of nowhere and nobody gives you this kind of info. unless there up to o good. But I got over it and continued on our hike to seek out the indigenous elders of this area. As we reached the locations given by the locals along this path, we found everything they informed us we would find. It was a great experience and I can only suggest it to anyone who enjoys the back woods. Oh, in case you need to call for help or anthing else in case your cell doesn't work, look at the pic. provided.

• Pros:Go for it, it's safe
  • Cons:That you can not trust these people
  • Last visit to Boca de Tomatlán: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

expat2go Visits Here Frequently!

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Boca de Tomatlán

Have you been to Boca de Tomatlán?

Latest Activity in Boca de Tomatlán