"Andes, Jungle, Condors -Amazing place" Peru by roaming-mosh
Peru Travel Guide: 7,891 reviews and 20,886 photos
The visit to Lake Titikaka was an anthropological experience. The Indians that still live on the small islands on this mystical lake are the most peaceful people I have ever encountared. They managed to resist the Spanish Conquistadores and many other,previous invaders. They are poor but they lack nothing. Their culture is as rich as any you'll find anywhere else in Peru. They love their lake and they love their wool (the men are the knitters) and they produce some amazing stuff from the wool of sheep and alpaca. I loved the visit to the floating reed islands, built by natives that live almost exclusively on islands made of reeds. the sun is bright here and at 4000m it is pretty easy to get a nice sun-burn so take care when visiting. Enjoy a meal of lake trout with veg and Quinoa. respect the local people and their traditions and dont forget to bring them a parcel of 'mainland food' may it be rice, pasta,oil etc when coming to visit, they will really appreciate that. Magical place!
roaming-mosh's Related Pages
Peru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One Gringa's Peru"
- "The heart of America"
- "Roads less traveled in Peru"
- "Proud to be peruvian!"
- "Peru, my first taste of the Andes and the jungle"
- "Paul2001's Travels Through Peru"
- "And, now, ladies and gentlemen : mas abajo !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peru
- Hotels in Peru
- Transportation in Peru
- Nightlife in Peru
- Restaurants in Peru
- Shopping in Peru
- Warnings and Dangers in Peru
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peru
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Peru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peru
Top 10 Pages
- Tanzania Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Tambopata Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Chicago 1 review, 5 photos
- Cairngorm Mountains Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Imlil Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Nepal Intro, 3 photos
- Peru Intro, 1 photo
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur 1 review
- Marrakesh Intro, 1 photo