"Fabulous Medina-a sensory celebration" Marrakesh by roaming-mosh

Marrakesh Travel Guide: 2,293 reviews and 6,414 photos

Staying near the Jamaa al Fnna

My travel to Marrakesh was a little bit of a home-coming really. My parents are both from Morroco but at 38, I accumulated hundreds of hours of listening to my dad's stories about an amazing land, filled with interesting, smily people and tasty food. A land where a fig is the size of your fist and dates are as long as your index finger (with visual demonstration, of course..)
Well, so at the summer of 2008 I took to the road, heading to the old town (Medina) of Marrakesh. I decided to stay in a nice and modest riad near the main square , the world famous Jamaa Al Fnna. The riad is the 'Hotel Sherezade and it was just off Zeitun Kdim, 250m from the square.
The place is what people say 'an assult on the senses' but I prefer to describe it as a sensory celebration. An amazing and rich (8000 stores) Bazaar, miles of allyes, full of little restaurants, artists workshops and beautiful Riads (Morrocan traditional house, turned into oasis-like hotles). It is really easy to completely fall in love with Marrakesh.

• Last visit to Marrakesh: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

“Our planet never stops to amaze me”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Marrakesh

Have you been to Marrakesh?

Latest Activity in Marrakesh