"Fabulous Medina-a sensory celebration" Marrakesh by roaming-mosh
Marrakesh Travel Guide: 2,293 reviews and 6,414 photos
My travel to Marrakesh was a little bit of a home-coming really. My parents are both from Morroco but at 38, I accumulated hundreds of hours of listening to my dad's stories about an amazing land, filled with interesting, smily people and tasty food. A land where a fig is the size of your fist and dates are as long as your index finger (with visual demonstration, of course..)
Well, so at the summer of 2008 I took to the road, heading to the old town (Medina) of Marrakesh. I decided to stay in a nice and modest riad near the main square , the world famous Jamaa Al Fnna. The riad is the 'Hotel Sherezade and it was just off Zeitun Kdim, 250m from the square.
The place is what people say 'an assult on the senses' but I prefer to describe it as a sensory celebration. An amazing and rich (8000 stores) Bazaar, miles of allyes, full of little restaurants, artists workshops and beautiful Riads (Morrocan traditional house, turned into oasis-like hotles). It is really easy to completely fall in love with Marrakesh.
roaming-mosh's Related Pages
Marrakesh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Winter and Summer in Marrakesh"
- "Magical Marrakech"
- "Marrakech - Incredible but exhausting!"
- "Red City of Marrakech"
- "Two times in Marrakech"
- "Magical Marrakesh"
- "Marrakech - the Pink City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marrakesh
- Hotels in Marrakesh
- Transportation in Marrakesh
- Nightlife in Marrakesh
- Restaurants in Marrakesh
- Shopping in Marrakesh
- Warnings and Dangers in Marrakesh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marrakesh
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Marrakesh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marrakesh
Top 10 Pages
- Tanzania Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Machu Picchu Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Tambopata Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Chicago 1 review, 5 photos
- Cairngorm Mountains Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Imlil Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Nepal Intro, 3 photos
- Peru Intro, 1 photo
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur 1 review
- Marrakesh Intro, 1 photo