"Intro" Pomocub's Profile
My name is Ashleigh and I live in Manchester which is a large city in Northen England. Like most of the members on VT I love to travel when finances . My travel passion at the moment lies within Europe. I have no great plans to travel to the Middle East or to Asia or Africa. Although that's not to say that I would ever visit there in the future.
I am currently learning the Ukainian language. I have finally found someone in my local area to tutor me so it is all systems go.
I can also speak basic/intermediate German which I studied in High School. Even though I left school many years ago it amazed me how much I remembered when I took a recent (ish) visit to Berlin in 2010.
My biggest pages on VT are of Kiev, L'viv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Komomiya, I have many small pages most of which from areas around my home which i visit infrequently but have some off the beaten track places that you may not know about as a foreigner. These smaller pages will expand the more that I visit. I also have some small pages on places that I travelled many years ago before I registered onto VT, some I am still working through scanning photographs. I would very much appreciate if you could rate my reviews and tips. Some of my travels have taken me to some rural and not often visited parts of countries like Ukraine. I would appreciate any ratings on my reviews.
Stockholm - Sweden
Gothenburg - Sweden
Moscow - Russia
St Petersburg - Russia
Copenhagen - Denmark (ride on the bridge to Malmo - Sweden)
Sydney - Australia
Yalta - Ukraine
Odessa - Ukraine
Yekaterinburg - Russia (on the spot where Europe meets Asia)
Oslo - Norway
Dusseldorf - Germany
Munich - Germany
Belfast - Ireland
Dublin - Ireland
Helsinki - Finland
Brussels - Belgium
Kotor - Montenegro
I love watching sports especially boxing and football. My favourite football team are the current English premier league champions Manchester City. On both of my visits to Kyiv in Ukraine I was lucky enough to watch Dynamo Kyiv play. In 2005 I saw them draw even with Metalist Kharkiv and in 2012 I saw them win against Tavriya Simferopol. In my trip in 2012 I was even luckier by getting to watch the amazing Andriy Shevchenko play. He is a true football legend.
In my teenage years I trained in Muay Thai so I enjoy watching martial arts but I do not compete anymore. A black eye or broken nose would not go down to well at work!
Tennis is also a sport that I love to play and still play it now when the English weather permits and I enjoy indoor rock climbing too. I'm not a major outdoor buff but I would love to try white water rafting and sky diving.
Unfortuantely I haven't got many foreign travel plans this year so I hope to see much more of my own country which I have actually seen very little of.
In May 2013 I returned to Ukraine. After landing in Kiev Borispyl I headed off on a 16 hour drive to the west of the country. The journey was only planned to take 9 hours but due to the worsening of the roads it took longer than anticipated. I revisited places I have already been to such as Ivano-Frankivsk, Kyiv and Kolomiya and saw some new towns like Dubno and we drove through Ternopil.
I took a short 2 day break to Dublin, Ireland. I didn't see as much as I would have liked so I have plans to visit there again over the upcoming year and have a better look around.
I am planning to return to Ukraine again next year visiting the usual places of Ivano-frankivsk. And Sheshory while I visit my Ukrainian family. I hope to spend a few nights in Kiev and take a day trip to Chernobyl .
New page - Kolomyya, Ukraine - Please view and rate :)
Flights taken in one day - 3
Airports been to in one day - 4
England (London, Manchester, Liverpool, York, Doncaster, Lincoln,
Birmingham, Salford, Bolton, Leeds, Leicester, Sheffield, Leeds, Bradford,)
France (Paris, Albert, Cairn)
Belgium (Brugges, Ypres)
Ukraine (Kyiv, Ivano-Frankivsk, L'viv, Kolomiya, Kosiv)
Australia (Melbourne, Phillip Island)
Greece (Corfu, Faleraki)
Baleric Islands (Majorca, Tenerife)
Portugal (Algarve, Madeira)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 197 Reviews
- 403 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 27 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Shopping and Leisure"
- updated a Ukraine Travel Page "A country that truly looks like it's flag"
- Posted in Travel Chernivtsi Forum "Re: Transport from Chernivtsi"
- Wrote a Review Borsch and Verenyky in Kiev Local Customs
- Commented on one of acemj's Reykjavík travel pages
- Pomocub and lorgnierl are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Intro"
- Uploaded a Video to Manchester
VideosSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 42 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ivano-Frankivs'k Intro, 19 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 26 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lviv Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kolomyya Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ukraine Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Rochdale Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Dublin Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54962 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos