"Intro" Pomocub's Profile

My name is Ashleigh and I live in Manchester which is a large city in Northen England. Like most of the members on VT I love to travel when finances . My travel passion at the moment lies within Europe. I have no great plans to travel to the Middle East or to Asia or Africa. Although that's not to say that I would ever visit there in the future.

I am currently learning the Ukainian language. I have finally found someone in my local area to tutor me so it is all systems go.

I can also speak basic/intermediate German which I studied in High School. Even though I left school many years ago it amazed me how much I remembered when I took a recent (ish) visit to Berlin in 2010.

My biggest pages on VT are of Kiev, L'viv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Komomiya, I have many small pages most of which from areas around my home which i visit infrequently but have some off the beaten track places that you may not know about as a foreigner. These smaller pages will expand the more that I visit. I also have some small pages on places that I travelled many years ago before I registered onto VT, some I am still working through scanning photographs. I would very much appreciate if you could rate my reviews and tips. Some of my travels have taken me to some rural and not often visited parts of countries like Ukraine. I would appreciate any ratings on my reviews.

My Wish List

Stockholm - Sweden
Gothenburg - Sweden
Moscow - Russia
St Petersburg - Russia
Copenhagen - Denmark (ride on the bridge to Malmo - Sweden)
Sydney - Australia
Dublin - Ireland
Helsinki - Finland
Brussels - Belgium
Kotor - Montenegro

I love watching sports especially boxing and football. My favourite football team are the current English premier league champions Manchester City. On both of my visits to Kyiv in Ukraine I was lucky enough to watch Dynamo Kyiv play. In 2005 I saw them draw even with Metalist Kharkiv and in 2012 I saw them win against Tavriya Simferopol. In my trip in 2012 I was even luckier by getting to watch the amazing Andriy Shevchenko play. He is a true football legend.

In my teenage years I trained in Muay Thai so I enjoy watching martial arts but I do not compete anymore. A black eye or broken nose would not go down to well at work!

Tennis is also a sport that I love to play and still play it now when the English weather permits and I enjoy indoor rock climbing too. I'm not a major outdoor buff but I would love to try white water rafting and sky diving.

Favourite Places Visited So Far

Kyiv - Ukraine
Ivano-Frankivsk - Ukraine
Algarve - Portugal
Paris - France
Amsterdam - Holland

Travels this year

Unfortuantely I haven't got many foreign travel plans this year so I hope to see much more of my own country which I have actually seen very little of.

In May 2013 I returned to Ukraine. After landing in Kiev Borispyl I headed off on a 16 hour drive to the west of the country. The journey was only planned to take 9 hours but due to the worsening of the roads it took longer than anticipated. I revisited places I have already been to such as Ivano-Frankivsk, Kyiv and Kolomiya and saw some new towns like Dubno and we drove through Ternopil.

I took a short 2 day break to Dublin, Ireland. I didn't see as much as I would have liked so I have plans to visit there again over the upcoming year and have a better look around.

I have nothing planned as yet for 2014 but I am hoping there will be a few spur of the moment trips as the year goes on.

2015 trip to Florida booked and the planning has already begun!

New page - Kolomyya, Ukraine - Please view and rate :)

Ashleigh's records - Still working on this!

Flights taken in one day - 3
Airports been to in one day - 4

Tbc......

Countries visited so far

England (London, Manchester, Liverpool, York, Doncaster, Lincoln,

Birmingham, Salford, Bolton, Leeds, Leicester, Sheffield, Leeds, Bradford,)

France (Paris, Albert, Cairn)

Belgium (Brugges, Ypres)

Ukraine (Kyiv, Ivano-Frankivsk, L'viv, Kolomiya, Kosiv, Dubno, Kamenets pololdsky)

Egypt (Sharm)

Australia (Melbourne, Phillip Island)

Netherlands (Amsterdam)

Greece (Corfu, Faleraki)

Baleric Islands (Majorca, Tenerife)

Germany (Berlin)

Portugal (Algarve, Madeira)

• Intro Updated Mar 1, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Pomocub's Profile Photo

Pomocub

“For each dream trip you share, a new journey begins…”

Real Name