"THE BEST CLIMATE YEAR AROUND!" Top 5 Page for this destination Las Palmas de Gran Canaria by Birsen

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Travel Guide: 192 reviews and 432 photos

The Best climate in the world!

Most of the people I know that they have a typical idea about Canary Islands. Just sunny beaches and they are very touristy. Do you know what? It is not true! In these pages I will show this beautiful Islands from a local person's eye.

I am living in Gran Canaria for a long time. My husband is native from Gran Canaria. Since we moved to this island I have seen so many places. And there are more to see...

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, the capital of the island and of the Province, is located in the municipal borough of the same name. The city was founded in 1478 and had jurisdiction over the whole of the island until 1837 when Gran Canaria was divided into the 21 municipal boroughs which remain in force in the present day.

Las Palmas is a European city with colonial roots but with the overtones and colours of the Tropics. Throughout the length and breadth of its eight districts the city offers its visitors the chance to see an extensive range of matters of cultural interest, as well as covering the whole spectrum of sporting and leisure activities.

Where is Gran Canaria?

Here, you can clearly see where we locate on the map. Canary Islands belongs to Spain. We are in Atlantic Ocean and 2,5 hour far from Peninsula of Spain by plain. Also the closest point of the islands is Approx. 200 km to Africa.

City map and attractions

(1) La Vegueta Places to visit: Catedral de Santa Ana – Casa Museo de Colón – Centro Atlántico de Arte Moderno – Museo Canario

(2) Triana Places to visit: gabinete Literario, Casa Museo de Pérez Galdós

(3) Cuidad Jardin Places to visit: Museo Nestor, Pueblo Canario, Parque Doramas, Hotel Santa Catalina

(4) Santa Catalina

(5) Playa de las Canteras, Auditourium Alfredo Krauss

(6) La Isleta Places to visit: Castillo de la Luz

• Pros:Year around fantastic weather
  • Cons:Only few days of a year "Calima" Saharan sand reaches us
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful City ! Come to see...
  • Last visit to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria: Sep 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 16, 2011

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2011 at 6:45 AM

excellent page! I have wanted to come and visit here, now I really want tos come and visit here! Lovely photos and write up thanks!

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Thank you for your hotel and things to do tips. They were very useful for our trip.

• windoweb's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2010 at 8:17 AM

I have yet to see Canary Islands. It is on my list.

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2009 at 6:01 AM

Opening photo looks charming. Good photos and useful tips you have here. All the best.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2008 at 12:33 PM

Thanks for the tips! My kind of place. Gave you good ratings, too!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2008 at 2:12 AM

Very good and helpful tips! Am leaving for Gran Canaria in 5 days, will definately visit some of the places you recommend. Regína Hrönn

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2008 at 6:39 AM

great page Birsen!

• shieba's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2008 at 1:17 PM

Hi! I moved to G C and Arguineguin in Oct 07. One of my favourite places in G C is "Sardina" on the north west. With its ligth tower. Thx 4 yr tips!

• Jan 29, 2008 at 7:39 PM

hi i am wanting to move to the canaries to live, what is the employment like? and property prices? thanks Laura

• Jan 26, 2007 at 4:33 AM

yummy there is nothing so simple as a piece of that cheese some pan de matalauva and perhaps a bit of mojo :-)

Birsen Lives Here!

Birsen

“Ars Longa Vita Brevis”

Badges & Stats in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria

Have you been to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria?