"THE BEST CLIMATE YEAR AROUND!" Top 5 Page for this destination Las Palmas de Gran Canaria by Birsen
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Travel Guide: 192 reviews and 432 photos
Most of the people I know that they have a typical idea about Canary Islands. Just sunny beaches and they are very touristy. Do you know what? It is not true! In these pages I will show this beautiful Islands from a local person's eye.
I am living in Gran Canaria for a long time. My husband is native from Gran Canaria. Since we moved to this island I have seen so many places. And there are more to see...
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, the capital of the island and of the Province, is located in the municipal borough of the same name. The city was founded in 1478 and had jurisdiction over the whole of the island until 1837 when Gran Canaria was divided into the 21 municipal boroughs which remain in force in the present day.
Las Palmas is a European city with colonial roots but with the overtones and colours of the Tropics. Throughout the length and breadth of its eight districts the city offers its visitors the chance to see an extensive range of matters of cultural interest, as well as covering the whole spectrum of sporting and leisure activities.
Here, you can clearly see where we locate on the map. Canary Islands belongs to Spain. We are in Atlantic Ocean and 2,5 hour far from Peninsula of Spain by plain. Also the closest point of the islands is Approx. 200 km to Africa.
(1) La Vegueta Places to visit: Catedral de Santa Ana – Casa Museo de Colón – Centro Atlántico de Arte Moderno – Museo Canario
(2) Triana Places to visit: gabinete Literario, Casa Museo de Pérez Galdós
(3) Cuidad Jardin Places to visit: Museo Nestor, Pueblo Canario, Parque Doramas, Hotel Santa Catalina
(4) Santa Catalina
(5) Playa de las Canteras, Auditourium Alfredo Krauss
(6) La Isleta Places to visit: Castillo de la Luz
- Pros:Year around fantastic weather
- Cons:Only few days of a year "Calima" Saharan sand reaches us
- In a nutshell:Beautiful City ! Come to see...
Casa Fataga is very Canarian with its beautiful architecture and food located in the middle of Santa Catalina Park.... more travel advice
Around the Plaza de Cairasco and the Alameda de Colón are grouped the beautiful modernist Gabinete Literario and the... more travel advice
- See All After Hours Live Music
- Take it easy! " Attitude of a Canary...
- Shop till you drop
- See All Tallest Hotel in Las Palmas / Great...
Birsen's Related Pages
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE BEST CLIMATE YEAR AROUND!"
- "LAS PALMAS"
- "The Island of Year Round Sun"
- "Las Palmas - The capital city of Gran Canaria."
- "Gran Canaria - Fragil Rock1"
- "Las Palmas - additional random photos of the city."
- "Vast Sand Dunes and a Lot More Too!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Hotels in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Transportation in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Nightlife in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Restaurants in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Shopping in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- 61 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 47 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- updated a Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Travel Page "THE BEST CLIMATE YEAR AROUND!"
- Posted in Travel Brussels Forum "Re: Brussels Midi station to..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "THE BEST CLIMATE YEAR AROUND!"
- Wrote a Review Fantastic Libanese food! in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Restaurants
- Commented on one of svizzerottina's Las Palmas de Gran Canaria travel pages
Photos in Las Palmas de Gran CanariaSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Intro, 61 reviews, 61 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 52 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos
- New York City Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Madrid Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Tejeda Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos
- Toledo Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos