Madrid Tourist Trap Tips by Birsen
Madrid Tourist Traps: 60 reviews and 39 photos
Typical Madrid phone booth...be aware!
Spanish phones are very, very expensive when calling overseas. After spending in phone booths a lot of Euros, i learnt my lesson!
Fun Alternatives: A friend gave me a number that he uses and he gets much cheaper rates.
I call through this number which is 902 99 53 01, from any land line or phone booth, and all i pay is just 4 cents a minute at nights and weekends, or 6 cents at daytime. It is also so easy to use, i have been using it for 4 months now. highly recommended!!!
I've used it to call the US, UK, France, Italy and some other places where i have friends. I think they have more than 60 countries, so chances are yours will be listed.
When you dial the number, 902 99 53 01, and then get the operator, just press 1, and 00 plus your country code and your friends number. Believe is worth it! I think you can use it form a mobile phone also with rates around 20 cents a minute or something like that.
if you want details or list of countries the page is www.iCallCheap.com in English and www.TelefonoBarato.com in Spanish. just check it out, you'll thank me :)
More Reviews (27)
- See All General eating in Madrid
- See All Private Art Collection
- See All New Airport Terminal - Barajas "T4"
- See All Spanish peseta changed to Euro
Birsen's Related Pages
Madrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!"
- "Madrid is where I live"
- "Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!"
- "Home is where you're always from"
- "WONDERFUL MADRID"
- "As we say in Andalucia, Madri"
- "Hablemos de Madrid (Let's talk about Madrid)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madrid
- Hotels in Madrid
- Transportation in Madrid
- Nightlife in Madrid
- Restaurants in Madrid
- Shopping in Madrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Madrid
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Madrid
- 28 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Madrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madrid
- Posted in Travel Brussels Forum "Re: Brussels Midi station to..."
- Uploaded a Video to Madrid
- updated a Madrid Travel Page "MADRID -"MORE FIESTAS""
- Wrote a Review General eating in Madrid in Madrid Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "General eating in Madrid"
- Commented on one of agarcia's Madrid travel pages
Videos in MadridSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Intro, 61 reviews, 61 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 52 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos
- New York City Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Madrid Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Tejeda Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos
- Toledo Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (15)
Latest Madrid hotel reviews
- Tryp Washington
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Agumar Hotel
- 175 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Tach Hotel
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Albergue Juvenil San Fermin
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 14, 2011
- Hostal Victoria III
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Hostal Villar
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2007
- Hostal Palacios-Ribadavia
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2012
- Hotel Mora
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Hotel High Tech Nueva Castellana
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 18, 2013
- Petit Palace Puerta del Sol Hotel Madrid
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Eco Alcala Suites
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Nh Pacifico
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Hostal Persal
- 150 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Plaza Mayor- 141 Reviews, 250 Photos
- Retiro Park- 120 Reviews, 233 Photos
- Prado Museum- 151 Reviews, 216 Photos
- Royal Palace- 118 Reviews, 219 Photos
- Puerta del Sol- 82 Reviews, 133 Photos
- Almudena Cathedral- 64 Reviews, 129 Photos
- Gran Via- 44 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Bullfighting- 54 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Reina Sofia Museum- 51 Reviews, 72 Photos
- Real Madrid Football- 21 Reviews, 37 Photos
See All Madrid Things to Do