"What a Mess!" Atlantic City by BlakEp

Atlantic City Travel Guide: 481 reviews and 978 photos

The Borgata

I stayed at the Borgata on Thursday, July 21st. The following day the power went out. Once the power came back on I went to brush my teeth and brown sewage water came out. I turned on the shower and the same thing occurred. Flushed the toilet and again to my disgust brown water.
Here is where my real problem with the Borgata occurred. When I went to check out I informed the gentleman at the desk what just happened. With no compassion or sincerity he said "I will speak to my manager." He came back and said, "we are not offering any monetary compensation at this time." I was not looking for a free ride, I was looking for a "I'm sorry for your inconvenience, sir." I can afford to pay for my room, but there is an expectation that you will have clean water. Needless to say, I told the gentleman at the front desk that I was displeased by his coldness and lack of remorse.
Here is the worst part of the story......I was told that the Borgata would reach out to me in a "few days." I never heard from them. I understand that the sewage water issue may have been out of their control, however their response to the situation lacked class and integrity.
I attached photos that I took of my bathroom.

The Borgata - Toilet

• Pros:Love AC
  • Cons:Hate the Borgata
  • In a nutshell:Always a good time in AC, avoid the Borgata
  • Last visit to Atlantic City: Jul 2011
  • Intro Written Aug 9, 2011

Comments

BlakEp Visits Here Frequently!

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Atlantic City

Have you been to Atlantic City?

Latest Activity in Atlantic City