"Exploring Istan" Istán by spearson32

Istán Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 24 photos

Exploring Istan and falling in love with it

I decided to explore the South of Spain and people had spoken to me about this little white village with breath taking views and beautiful walks. Therefore, I took a bus up the hill and was surprised to find what I did. It is a completely different atmosphere up there! Took a walk down to the lake and was stunned by how beautiful it was. I then had a walk through the old town. People were friendly and the buildings I came accross were amazing. I visited the 16th century parish church in the centre of the village and also an Arab tower which was situated at the highest part of the village. Due to the charm of the place I decided to have lunch here. I recommend going to the Entre Sierras Restaurant as it offers a nice relaxing terrace were you can just chill after a walk around and experience the amazing views that the mountain has got to offer (http://experience-istan.com/).

There a lots of things to do whilst you are in this village from hiking, water sports, dog walking, safari, fishing...

I definitely recommend visiting this lovely charming white village!

• Last visit to Istán: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Aug 1, 2011

• Mar 4, 2012 at 7:56 AM

We are thinking of renting a villa near Istan for a week. From there we will travel to various places and golf....what are the roads to Istan like to drive? On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being ' treacherous', how would you rate them?

spearson32 Visits Here Frequently!

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.