"Acapulco - a world famous place for beach vacation" Top 5 Page for this destination Acapulco by Laura_Mexico

Acapulco Travel Guide: 365 reviews and 694 photos

This page is under construction, as I don't go to Acapulco very often but add new tips every time I get the chance to visit this beach destination... I don't have a whole lot of pictures from my trips but I will publish the ones I have although they might not be as good... I'll try to give as many tips as possible for your next trip to this nice and famous destination as well! Hope you like it!

Meanwhile, this is a nice view of the bay where Acapulco is located, taken from a postcard I got during my trip... Most of the pictures in this page were taken by myself, but a couple were not, so I thank the following sites where I found those perfect complements for my tips:

www.mexicodesconocido.com.mx/espanol/playas_y_balnearios/ sur/

www.acabtu.com.mx/btu/postales/

Wonderful views...

This is the view I had from my hotel room, at The Grand Mayan (Mayan Palace), during my last stay in Acapulco, which finished just yesterday (29-apr-05)! The magnificent open ocean before my eyes with the waves breaking on the soft sand, the artificial lake and the pool of the hotel with the sun shining and the breeze caressing my face...... What else can I say...!?

A beautiful sunset in Acapulco

The sun setting in Acapulco... as seen from the Playa Diamante zone, from the Mayan Palace hotel's beach... Just gorgeous...

• Pros:Excellent weather, close to Mexico City (and connected by a wonderful highway), big nightlife
  • Cons:Too touristy, TOO CROWDED most of the time (especially vacation periods), sea & beaches somewhat dirty
  • Last visit to Acapulco: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 29, 2005

• Jan 30, 2010 at 5:30 AM

Loved the Costera write up but things are 100% different now,,,Have you been recently?

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I've only been here once in my life, but I loved it!! Great beach and great huachinango!!!

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Nice page on Acapulco. Just to let you know -- your photo made its way to a recent VT meet in Dublin (see the nightlife tip on my Dublin page for more details). Cheers, Bill

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2006 at 3:40 PM

So famous your Acapulco that even we have a beach in Cyprus called Acapulco beach Very nice pages,thanks for your hospitality.

• YVRDave's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2005 at 11:54 AM

I am off to Acapulco tomorrow and will try your recommendation for El Amigo Miguel, thanks

• Skripa's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2005 at 12:06 AM

Wow! Sunset in Acapulco is just amazing!!! Wonderful!!! :-)

• LotusV8's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2004 at 11:35 AM

Very nice info on your pages! Me and my wife are planning a tip to Cancun and maybe Acapulco. We love to snorkel and maybe Cancun will be our choice. Best reg. Per & Marina

• AGHIOS's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2003 at 2:12 AM

Ahhh! Acapulco, great memories..

• Apr 19, 2003 at 10:51 PM

..Excellant page....nice and useful page..good information..

• rozehill's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2002 at 12:44 AM

A terrific page with stunning pics

Laura_Mexico

“Men suck BIG TIME... But TRAVELLING IS THE BEST! :)”

Badges & Stats in Acapulco

Have you been to Acapulco?

Latest Activity in Acapulco