"A small but booming town....." Aguascalientes by Laura_Mexico
Aguascalientes Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 105 photos
Even though Aguascalientes is a capital city and is fairly big in size, the life style is still rather that one of a small town: not a lot of activity or things to do or places to go. It has a couple of museums and a couple of shopping malls, a nice downtown area with local handcraft (mainly embroideries) shops, and that's about it.
This town is very well known for its annual fair, "Feria de San Marcos", which hosts over 6-7 million people every year. It takes place during the last week of April and the first 2 weeks of May, and it offers various entertainment options: bullfights, concerts, theater plays, etc. Oh yes, and LOTS of alcohol so there are a lot of drunks wandering around the fair's facilities. However, the security display is efficient and there is no tolerance for troublemakers. I have never attended the fair and neither do I plan to (waaaay too crowded for me) but they say it can be fun, and it is the main economical activity in town along with the Nissan's assembly plant located on the outskirts of the city.
Life here is cheaper than in Mexico City, way more quiet and safer too. The weather is fairly dry and hot, and they say it's a good place to live. I travel here for family reasons but it isn't a place I would recommend as an attractive tourist destination. But if you MUST go there - like myself - then you can find some of the tips I gathered during my short trips on this page.
- Pros:A very clean city, wonderful weather most part of the time, walkable & easy to move around (by car too)
- Cons:Not much to do here, people drive like crazy
Laura_Mexico's Related Pages
Aguascalientes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La Ciudad de Aguascalientes"
- "AGUASCALIENTES - FORMED WITH A KISS"
- "La Feria de San Marcos 2006"
- "A small but booming town....."
- "Viva Aguascalientes juh!"
- "El Museo Nacional de la Muerte"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aguascalientes
- Nightlife in Aguascalientes
- Restaurants in Aguascalientes
- Shopping in Aguascalientes
- Warnings and Dangers in Aguascalientes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aguascalientes
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Aguascalientes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aguascalientes
Photos in AguascalientesSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 103 reviews, 111 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 50 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morelia Intro, 35 reviews, 46 photos
- New York City Intro, 43 reviews, 37 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos
- Boston Intro, 29 reviews, 20 photos
- Turku Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos
- Montreal Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue