"A caribbean jewel in Mexico" Cancún by Laura_Mexico

Cancún Travel Guide: 1,959 reviews and 3,926 photos

My 2 last visits... 2002 & 2004

I'm back from Cancun after almost 2 years since I last went there (and almost 20 since my very first visit to this place, as a small kid with my family). I started building this site back in December 2002 but unfortunately my dear old camera died during that trip and all my pictures were ruined, so I wasn't able to furnish this site properly :( and I was so mad and depressed about it that gave up posting more tips, LOL....

Now I've got a new camera and I made a few more pictures which I've posted, and I also added new lodging tips which I hope will be useful to you...

• Pros:WONDERFUL weather, clean & safe town, nice hotels, cool nightlife, lots of shopping & water sports, natural reserves & archeological sites closeby, etc.
  • Cons:Downtown isn't nice; everything is expensive and quite "americanized" (not so much of a Mexican touch); the hurricane season (May-November)!
  • In a nutshell:If you want to relax and spend some gorgeous days at the beach at a nice expensive hotel where you can eat, drink and have all the fun you want, this is the place to come!! VISIT CANCUN!
  • Last visit to Cancún: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated May 26, 2008

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Hi Laura, Enjoyed your page. You will have to visit your brother in Australia & enjoy our fine beaches & lifestyle.

• vinc_bilb's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2008 at 1:02 PM

Well, I'm not objective regarding Cancun: I spent 2 days here, atfer a trip in Chiapas, and the contrast between both was terrible. At that time, there are a lot of young Gringos, drunks, everywhere (it was shool vacations time). So, not my dream!

• RAZOR-REN's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2008 at 11:39 AM

WISH I COULD GO TO THE YUCATAN

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2004 at 3:07 PM

,,,dream travel place!

• chancay's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2003 at 1:23 AM

Bonito comienzo.....Espero ver pronto "must see activities" tambien.... Feliz Cumpleaños!!

Laura_Mexico

“Men suck BIG TIME... But TRAVELLING IS THE BEST! :)”

Badges & Stats in Cancún