"The biggest city in the world..." Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City by Laura_Mexico
Mexico City Travel Guide: 2,165 reviews and 4,484 photos
Hello everyone!! I am Mexican and live here, in my country's capital: Mexico City.
During my first weeks as a VT member I built a couple of pages after a trip to Italy (and I've built many more ever since!), but then I thought I should post something about my own town as well, because, who can know a town better but people who actually live in it??? I got to know Rome very well during the month I lived there, and tried to build the best site I could, but I've lived in Mexico City for MANY years so I think I should be able to tell our visitors a few things about my own home town and describe it better than I described Rome, right? At least I've been doing my best, and I hope I can be of some help for those who are planning to come here!
I hope you guys enjoy your trip if you come to Mexico City! I want to mention that I borrowed some of the pictures I am using on this page from some web sites; I didn't use to have many pics taken by myself (shame on me, I know) but now I've got a lot more and I've been able to gradually get rid of some of those borrowed pictures. Still, I definitely need to give credit to those people who actually took those pictures. The sites where I found them are:
Thank you for those lovely pics! Hope you don't mind me using your pictures, they are really great and they're for information purposes only, I ain't making any money with this site :) Just want to show others what a nice town Mexico City is! In many of these links you can also find some useful info about Mexico City.
So, some of the pictures you will find on this page and on my other travel pages & travelogues were not taken by me -- sometimes it was even a friend or another VTer who took them... Whenever it was me who did it's indicated with a little Copyright note on the lower right corner of the picture, like the picture you're looking at above this text.... I can proudly say I took that one myself!!! In this picture you can see the Zocalo (our main square in downtown, one of the largest squares in the world), some of the beautiful old buildings there are around it, 20 de noviembre Avenue in the back and Mexico's flag in the middle.... it was about to be brought down by some soldiers as it does every afternoon at 6 PM sharp. This picture was taken from the roof top of the Cathedral!
- Pros:Nice buildings, lots of history, culture and activities for all tastes
- Cons:Too big & crowded, big traffic jams, pollution, dangerous
- In a nutshell:Be cautious, but COME AND VISIT! You'll enjoy it more than you can imagine!
A friend of my hubby's took us to this place because a jazz player recommended it to him. I didn't know about any... more travel advice
- See All Bazaar El Sabado at San Angel
- See All Pretty neat and chic place
- See All Christmas in Coyoacan
- See All In and out DF by bus!
Laura_Mexico's Related Pages
Mexico City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The biggest city in the world..."
- "Heighten your senses in Mexico City"
- "Huge Metropolis"
- "Mexico City"
- "Mexico City"
- "Moscow-Mexico City flight via Paris (part 1)"
- "Mexico City, the Megalopolis."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mexico City
- Hotels in Mexico City
- Transportation in Mexico City
- Nightlife in Mexico City
- Restaurants in Mexico City
- Shopping in Mexico City
- Warnings and Dangers in Mexico City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mexico City
- 103 Reviews
- 123 Photos
- 96 Forum posts
- 282 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Mexico City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mexico City
Photos in Mexico CitySee All Photos (123)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 103 reviews, 111 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 50 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morelia Intro, 35 reviews, 46 photos
- New York City Intro, 43 reviews, 37 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos
- Boston Intro, 29 reviews, 20 photos
- Turku Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos
- Montreal Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue